| We went to Village Fest (of course!) and FIFA Fan Fest on the 4th of July |
Alan was working over the long weekend. He still likes working. I liked it when he came home earlier than expected yesterday and took a short nap with me. We also both like working and serving in our callings. This week we got a great prize for doing that together. We got to represent the Kansas City Stake at a dinner for stake presidents and the two new mission presidents in our area to meet each other. Elder Ortiz asked everyone to say their name, their calling, and a tender mercy of the day. In the picture below, we are with President and Sister Wallace of the Lenexa Stake. Their tender mercy is that we are dear friends with the Bradys, who lead the Mexico City Northwest Mission, where their son will go this month. Alan’s tender mercy was getting home from work early and in time to be there. My tender mercy was eating tacos with Karin and Breanna and being able to share the excitement of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and seeing what great things the Lord is doing in the church, and especially in our area right now. We are being prepared for further growth. The new mission presidents, the Tuttles from California and the Hills from Utah, are going to be great.
Mariah and Mac are busy! I called her last week and she was getting ready to have someone come over with kids for a haircut. And this week I missed her call! Dang!
Eliza and Evan are also busy. They went to Los Angeles for their 9th anniversary last weekend, and brought the adorable, busy and loud Barry with them because he still loves nursing so much. She doesn’t know how she will be able to get him to give it up. Maybe cold turkey.
| Third movie tribute of the day: Pretty in Pink. |
Willa Jane is working hard and getting ready to move out of her apartment and into Eliza’s guest suite. One morning this week she woke up and saw this out of her apartment window!
Wyatt is working hard on two chemistry classes and two chemistry labs. And he is continuing his research with Jared Whitehead, one of his professors. They are collecting data around earthquakes in the South Pacific and seeing if any of them are predictive. He says they are asymptotically approaching being done. He sometimes goes on dates too. And he made a gorgeous pie for the country’s 250th birthday!
I’m so grateful to live in a country that guarantees freedoms by law. I am praying today that we as the people will vote to retain and support those freedoms.
| Griffin got a haircut and a pair of shoes when he got home. Now he is exhausted! |


it makes me so happy that Willa saw the hot air balloons just outside. That's a wonderful treat, and it didn't cost anything, and nobody had to drive any place. I always think freebies are the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with the way you keep the calling fresh and get to do cool stuff because of it. You and Alan are a great team. Having you take care of all the people in your area along with your own children is truly inspirational. the pie Wyatt constructed looks simply scrumptious. I did listen to the talk his professor gave. Good one.
You doing this -> The blessings are always there, but we appreciate them best when we look for them.<-- always helps me remember to look, too! Wyatt's pie=🤯. I remember so many times asking you, "what is the latest cool thing from your calling"...you have always had such great things to share. I loved this week's share! And I love having a tiny peek closer right now serving alongside you!
ReplyDelete