 |
| A Grandma's kitchen picture! |
This week started in Logan, Utah! We were reading about the creation this week, and it was fun to think about when things began for this planet. It was fun to think about how we also create what happens in our lives. Often I get bogged down in the messiness of being in the middle of things, but because we are eternal beings, we are also always at the beginning of things. That's a wonderful thought to have, especially in January.
Church in the Larsen's ward was just wonderful. The first speaker sang an original song he wrote as he was driving to Vegas, thinking about his sins and how impossible it is to undo them. But nothing is impossible for Jesus. He takes our mistakes and makes them part of a glorious whole. The second speaker was Angi Wimmer Larsen! She talked about setting goals. Two things she said that will stay with me are that every day she does something to reach out and try to touch God. That looks different every day for her. Sometimes it is reading the scriptures or praying, but sometimes it is running outside. Sometimes it is just reaching her hand out and touching the exterior walls of the temple as she pauses on her run. I loved that. She said that through all of her trying and setting goals, she believes it does help her to "creep a little closer to Christ." I loved that too. What a treat to be there for her masterful talk! Sunday school was fun too. It was taught by someone who came from a scientific background and wanted to know what helped us reconcile the accounts of the creation with the data we have on the planet. We got a lot of fun perspectives.
After church, we went home with Ang, Keith, and Demi and got to participate in their weekly FaceTime with Kort on his mission in Norway! Another treat! And then they fed us "steak and chicken wallah". I probably would have named it Mediterranean bowls or something else, but I loved the name they used and they tasted delicious.
 |
| I love JoAnn so much! |
 |
| The Larsens are the best! It's always a happy thing to be with them. |
 |
Eve found these awesome vintage jeans in her dad's old room and took them with us. Grandma said she could. |
 |
| That night Alan and Wyatt and I walked to the conference center to look at the art. |
 |
| The sky was putting on a show as we walked. I kept needing pictures. |
 |
| Monday we put Eve on the Front Runner to Ogden, where she met her dear friends the Fords! |
 |
| These girls have been friends for half of their lives already. Planning on more. |
 |
| This guy is into editing photos he takes. We had a fun lunch with Wyatt at City Creek and chilled at the condo for the rest of Monday. |
The rest of my week was relaxed. We made it home! I rested, worked on my calling and caught up on things. I talked to my dear San Antonio Walker friends. I saw almost all of my kids and grandkids on FaceTime and talked to the ones I didn't see. Alan and I ate at Blue Koi and watched Train Dreams. Then a winter storm blasted in and shut things down for a couple of days.
 |
| The reference photo for my practice painting one day this week. |
 |
| I'm beginning to be a watercolor painter. |
 |
| I went to the temple to pray for Emily again. |
 |
| Eliza sent a great photo of Barry! I thought you'd like it. |
 |
| I am on the lookout for Holy Week art about Jesus for Walk With Jesus. |
 |
| Eve finishing the front sidewalk at the time we would usually be going to church. |
I'm so grateful for the snow and the sun! Isn't it pretty?! It's beginning to be like January finally. I love it.
It occurs to me that your life is doubly rich because you record your favorite moments each week. Your dedication and consistency is truly amazing! You capture little moments like Eve putting on a pair of jeans and add the circumstances and background that makes that usually mundane thing significant and meaningful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip to Utah. It was so lucky that Angie was speaking in church on the right week! I definitely need to see Griffin and Eve in real life soon. I feel like they are whole new people and I know their former selves! Maybe we should plan a girls weekend soon now that Paige is back in the country. I'll look for more Howard Jones tickets. Or Oingo Boingo. Or something fun!
ReplyDeletePaige Ladd
ReplyDeleteWhat a colorful week! Don't you love it when creative people want to use their talents to express beliefs? I'm really happy to see a photo of Joanne Wimmer. I'm a huge fan.