You're Older Than You've Ever Been


Mom: Okay Griffin, it's time for your teenage entrance interview. Happy birthday, by the way! How old are you?

Griffin: Old enough.

M: Great. So you're excited about watching PG-13 movies with wild abandon now?

G: I guess. I would say Marty Supreme, but that might end up being rated R. It's about Timothee Chalomet  and ping pong. I've felt old enough for PG-13 for a while now. The MPAA has lost the plot and don't know what they are doing any more. They give too many movies PG-13 when they should just be PG.

M: We talked about movies, what music are you into these days?

G: I've been listening to mostly hip hop. I like Jpegmafia, Tyler the Creator, and Steve Lacy.  It's crazy how different Jpegmafia and Steve Lacy are now that I think about it. Jpegmafia has a really experimental style and Steve Lacy has music that is easier to listen to. 

E: The beats don't go as hard though.

G:  Yeah, your'e right. The beats don't go as hard and Cody Freestyle is not a good song.


M: All right let's talk about sculptural posing.

G: I like it cuz it reminds me how beautiful, graceful and amazing I am.

M: This is a particularly nice one. Where did the idea come from?

G: It is pretty much the only one I've done, so I just wondered, you know, how could I remind myself how beautiful, graceful and amazing I am? And this was the pose for that.


M: OK now we are going to have a round of quick response:

Best time of day: morning
Best food: fried chicken
Best friend: Beckett
Best color: Blue
Best book: Bible (KJV)
Best class in school: Foods, but core classes Math
Best activity outside of school: Back flips
Favorite candy: Reese's cups
What do you want for Christmas: a hug

G: Do you like all the alliteration?

M: YES!!!!


M: Why do you have flour all over your face in this picture?

G: I like flour. I ate a handful of flour.

E: Mom, you can't give him answers, cuz this is Griffin's birthday.


 M: What are you looking forward to this year Griff?

G: The winter arc.

E: Don't elaborate.

G: *curt nod*

M: How tall are you now?

G: 5'4". Stand on my money I'm 3'2"

M: Happy birthday Griff! We love you so much!

Comments

  1. Oh Griffin!! All the pictures were so much fun and I absolutely adore his sculptural posing. In fact, I think he should do more of it. I'm so proud of myself for knowing who Tyler the Creator is (but couldn't say what any of his songs are...just heard of him from students so I looked him up a few years ago!) I love that Eve helped with the interview too. Truly besties :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Paige

    Sculptural posing is my favorite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all the glasses on you were great too! Let's all wear at least 2 pair at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for birthday interviewing Griff. I feel so much smarter now! He always makes me want to strive for deeper intelligence!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment