We'd Really Like to Celebrate

The birthdays just keep coming. Last month we started with Kattalin and ended with Jayla (who really started off the September birthdays if you're keeping track). Coming up we have President Nelson on Tuesday, Mariah and Eliza on the 25th, and Kirsta on the 30th. Those are the only ones that really count!

Last Sunday we said goodbye to Kattalin. What a fun month!

My two extra girls! I'm so glad their moms share them with me.

Barry! I know he is the best part of my blog except for Eve. ;)

I thought this was funny.

We went canoeing on Labor Day. One of these people liked it.


Kattalin and Rocio at Javier's Spanish class

I know--let's put him in twice!

I told them to pose as we were getting ready for school and this is what I got. Bwahahahaha! I think it is more of a protest of the whole activity.

But maybe it's just her pose. People are calling Eve a ginger and she doesn't know why.

My first ever Lancer Day parade!

2031 is not seeming quite so far away to me. Eve says it's still a million bajillion years away.

My best parts were my people and my calling.  And I even got to go to the temple and Mexican food with my dear friend Carol!

We went to the SLCC end of summer party at Homestead yesterday. We have been doing that for 18 years now. People are aging. New people are coming. We were the only ones who played pickleball, and that was notable. It was also too cool to swim--the day after KC had a record lowest high for the day.

I posted the link for the op-ed piece President Nelson wrote for Time Magazine on my Facebook today, and here is what I wrote:

The oldest living leader of a global religion, Russell M. Nelson has changed my life. He has deepened my understanding of and appreciation for Jesus Christ through his encouragement to spend more time in the temple, his invitation to read every reference to Jesus in the scriptures, and his urging to make our discipleship of Jesus Christ our highest priority. I believe him to be a prophet of God, like Moses. And his message to all of us as he is turning 101 years old? Be kind to each other. Grant everyone dignity and respect. Yes! This small thing, done consistently by enough people, could change the world. #PresidentNelson101

Comments

  1. Was it YOU? Were you the only one who enjoyed canoeing? We have only had terrible experiences canoeing with our kids (only have done it twice) and don't want to do it again :) Baby Barry is so happy and cute!!!! Eliza is the best to facetime you with her precious baby! Griffin and Eve are both so grown up. They probably even make sense 82% of the time. (Shoot!) The Lancer day parade looks like a lot of fun! And does Eve know that it's a huge compliment to be called a ginger??? It's one of the best things to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan and I both liked the canoeing, and I’m guessing the kids secretly did too, despite their complaints. I just thought it was funny how miserable my canoe-mates looked.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:07 PM

    I feel accomplished being a part of your blog (and life) 😂! Getting to learn even more from you as I serve with you is an absolute privilege. I love, love, love how you express yourself, especially what you wrote about Pres Nelson's influence; so sussinct and complete at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:36 AM

    That canoe picture really was funny. Your caption made it perfect. I love the pictures of your grandchild. What great words you had regarding President Nelson… And so true. If we all were respectful and kind when this be a super place to live? We will work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:36 AM

    That was from Paige .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment