Best things:
Always, my people, my calling and naps. Here are some other more specifics.
-Talking to Mariah and Eliza after a hard morning really helped stabilize me. I love that!
-Talking to M'Li and hearing how our prayers were answered, and hearing about things that are hard. Both are good.
-Talking to my dad and hearing him say good things about M'Li and Maple.
-Walking with Carrie! What a treat! We are planning fun things together.
-Book club at my house and Renovation Sensation on the same day!
-Meeting with my friend Sonja to donate deodorants at a high school in KCMO. Everything she says and does makes things better (and this was a great thing to start with).
-Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce engagement party with Briarwood mom friends.
-Watching TV with Eve and Griffin is a best, which is funny but true. Highlights this week were Dancing With the Stars and K Pop Demon Hunters. We also like Abbot Elementary.
-Calls with Willa and Wyatt are also a best thing. They bump up my happiness every time.
-A meeting with Linda Hughes (from Lead to Read) and Michelle Truman (with Just Serve) at an adorable coffee shop in downtown Lee's Summit was so full of light and goodness!
-Meeting with Sonja Kofoed and Carol Webster, followed by tacos. Nourishing to the soul!
-Date to the Plaza Art Fair and Betty Rae's with Alan Wimmer.
-Miracles at church! I went to Lee's Summit First Ward with Q and Jayla and my dear friend from our San Antonio days, Marcie Cardon was there! And our stake had talks on being a peacemaker in all 10 wards yesterday and I got to hear two of them. Both of them talked about being pricked in their hearts when they weren't doing what they should. I have also felt that this week.
-A really fun dinner with the Nicolas family. They have twin boys Griffin and Eve's age who are so much fun. The dad is half French, half Haitian and has a really fun back story.
Hardest things:
-Messing around with hormones, energy, food, water, exercise and rest. I am still balancing and still have hard days with very low energy sometimes. I don't know why those days catch me off guard.
-A couple of interactions with family members I love that troubled me. It just means life is tricky, right? This should also come as no surprise.
| Fenty, looking like it's just too much. |
| Eve left a few gems on my phone. Hahahaha! |
| She thinks she has chicken legs. |
| Our neighbors helped us donate to the Village Food pantry. It makes me love them even more! |
| Dennis Cobb, the director of the food pantry, with most of our donations. |
![]() |
| Glamorous Juliet on the morning of picture day. Doesn't she have a good mom to give her such a nice blow out before school? And her nice auntie, Willa, gave her the adorable outfit. |
| Griffin, being evaluated for braces. |
| Braces records are all digital now and so much faster and easier! |
| Book club friends also helped with donations! I love them too! |
![]() |
| My friend Vicki dressed as Jason Kelce and I dressed as Kylie Kelce (although I don't think anyone could tell) for the engagement party. We were both troubled by this picture. Hahahahaha! |
| Griffin's and Willa's headaches seem to increase with the change of seasons in the fall. |
| But he is still a patient good brother and kind of hilarious most of the time. |
| Marcie! She is iso beautiful! |
| You knew if you scrolled long enough you'd see this cute smile, right? |
P.S. Mac took second place (over two hours faster than last year) in his 100 mile trail race yesterday, the IMTUF 100. He is AMAZING! Mariah babysat for friends who were running as pacers and one of the kids ended up with a broken tibia from the trampoline. Alan said it wasn't an emergency.


Paige
ReplyDeleteTell your son-in-law congratulations on the amazing time. I'm so proud of him for running so well. 100 miles. Yikes! I was so impressed with Juliet's picture day preparations. That is one well loved girl. I like how you coordinating so many different things and doing such a great job at it.
I love your weekly summaries and perspectives! It helps me see what life is made of; Many small and simple acts. Writing it makes it feel more important and valuable.
ReplyDeleteSo so so many things. You are great at recognizing the importance of the beautiful and fun things as well as the hard and less enjoyable things that happen. It reminds me to slow down and appreciate all of it. Your precious Juliet is a model! What poise for a little kindergartner - I see a teenager in that beautiful face! Eve's adorable flared nostril was so much fun as was Griffin's copy-cat stance of the mannequin. What a fun age! Barry's smile just makes my week! What a cutie-pie! I express just how much I want to kiss those cheeks!! Fenty is luxurious and wonderful. Thank you for sharing her!
ReplyDelete