On weeks like these it really helps to look for the light. This was the week that Charlie Kirk was assassinated in Utah. Some people hailed him as a martyr, some as a villain. I am just appalled at all of the violence, and especially the political violence, that is happening in our country. We should be better than that. We need to do as Utah's governor, Spencer Cox, says and find our better angels.
Here are some light points:
| A sunrise walk is a consistent source of joy if I do it. |
![]() |
| And my children and grandchildren! Buddy and Misty are "doing a cool pose" in their new jeans. |
![]() |
| Buddy started his final year of preschool! |
![]() |
| Cotillion started! I think this is the happiest the boys got about it. And the girls were in too much of a hurry coming from XC and cheer to take photos. |
| Eve ran in her first meet. She got 16:08 (40 seconds better than her time trial) on a hilly, grassy two mile run. I thought that was great! |
| Alyssa Haugton and I were cheering her on for the last big hill. |
| A late bloom in the pond |
| Griffin planned a movie day with friends. They snuggled and watched Hot Rod together. |
| This smile! |
| Temple date with my true love. |
| Our thoughtful friend Ken Sheldon saying sweet things about his daughter Mallory, who just got married, and his wife Sharon, who he married 32 years ago. |
| On the way to the stake center at 6 something this morning with my husband. Glorious sunrise! |
| Evidence of the Longview Lake Ward's service project benefitting our neighbors. |



Paige
ReplyDeleteAren't you the funny one, being all, "bless you" in an aggressive tone of voice. Yes. We all get it. Baptists can be trying. Then again, so can members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Thinking you're right is a super big problem for everybody else.
That’s the problem with typing. You couldn’t hear my tone at all. I really do want to bless the Baptists.
DeleteWe have been reaching out to Summit Woods Baptist for years, trying to find some way, any way to be friends with them. Quietly cleaning trash on the road across from their building is as close as they will let us get to them—and we do it without asking them or telling them. I’m hoping the picture is okay because you can’t really read the name of their church, and they don’t want to be associated with us in any way.
DeleteGriffin and Eve look like they have really great friend groups! What fun they have. I'm excited about cotillion. Is it over or just begun? Congrats on Eve's awesome time and running even faster than her time trial with both grass and hills! What a savage!! Your mornings are glorious. I try to notice the sky every morning as I walk to my portable. It helps even though it's only for a minute or two. You and Alan in front of the temple together are beautiful and good. Did I say how much I would love to be your morning walking buddy? Just dreaming here!
ReplyDeleteCotillion just started. It's once a month until April.
Delete