Stuck in the Middle With You

This week I felt stuck in so many ways! Stuck in Houston. Stuck at home for snow days. Stuck in the head. (A giant wave on our last day in Puerto Rico knocked me over, rolled me around and gave me a giant sinus wash that didn't all come out and gave me congestion that finally turned into infection yesterday.) It took so much longer to get our house under control and Christmas decorations and Giving Machines wrapped up than I felt like it should. Where is the hibernating and resting and reflecting that should come with snow days?! I was much too busy for that. I felt like I was stuck on a slow treadmill with obstacles on it.

The reason I have this blog is to look back and see the good and the blessings though. To see that I was stuck with people I love and that God was there all along.

Aren't my kids so cute? They are so middle-ish right now. I have to remind myself often that this is short.



A lot of the pics on my phone this week are of things that didn't work out. The Airbnb we booked at the last minute wasn't actually clean so we didn't stay there. The tolls we were going to pay on our own in Texas we will probably have to pay later. Same with the parking ticket we got in El Yunque.

The science museum and  butterfly atrium totally worked out though. It was an awesome day!

There was one bird in the butterfly atrium, eating exclusively seeds and nuts.

That's eleven inches of snow on our basketball court. Or maybe 14, since it snowed a few more after we got home!

Eve thrives at home with nothing to do. Creativity wins. She made a library in our library and begged us all to come get library cards and check something out. She was totally bummed that a) I made her take it down, and b) no one returned a book to her book drop.




Also Eve is the cutest snow shoveler we know. And such a good worker if it is outside!




Griffin was also feeling stuck this week I think. He struggles with decisions right now, even for fun things. One fun thing that made life more a little better was when I took him shoe shopping he grabbed a bunch of the nylon try-on stockings and made the most of them.





My pictures don't really say much, so I'll go to the several places I have as I'm in the middle of changing how I record my blessings to tell you the other best parts.

-Getting HOME was a best part!

-Our little Tesla being okay and having enough charge left after 8 days in the cold to get us to a supercharger.

-Talking to Kirsta and Paige this week.

-Karen! My sister-in-law had a birthday on the 8th. I didn't end up texting her, just thinking about how much I love her all day that day.

-My communication council people. They are so good and they do so much good. Our meeting this week had to be switched to Zoom because there was still too much snow on the roads.

-FaceTime with the San Antonio Walkers--my besties from when we lived in Texas! Shawna and her husband Chris have been called to be mission leaders in Mexico City and will leave in June. It was so much fun to hear all the details about her call. And fun to have Jenny, one of the kindest and best conversationalists I know, pumping her for all of those details.

-Jasper's and temple date with my true love. We needed it especially because he is working this weekend.

-Reconnecting with my older kids and grandchildren via phone and FaceTime. It's about time for me to give you a short update on what they are doing, so here it is:

Mariah and Mac closed on and moved into their new house in McCall, Idaho this week! I texted last night as they were working on fixing some electrical problem and being exhausted from moving. The kids are in their own new rooms and doing pretty well sleeping in a new place so far.

Misty and Buddy ready to sleep in their new house for the first time!


Eliza and Evan are still doing their great things. Eliza and Frank hang out a lot while Evan is at work or resting from being sick and Juliet is at school or at play dates or going to see Beauty and the Beast on stage with her other grandma and cousins. Eliza also hung adorable portraits of Juliet and Frank this week.

Juliet, ready to see Beauty and the Beast! Note hair, MAKEUP and wardrobe.




Willa Jane is still the best sister ever. Quite often when she calls me she is running an errand for Eliza. She still works at her job that she doesn't love and has fun hanging out with her siblings. She has had a couple of great photo shoots recently that help her let some of her abundant creativity shine. She did engagement photos for Ben and Kacee, kids who grew up in our ward and are going to get married in May. And she did newborn photos of Margaret Joy, who is Mariah's new niece and daughter of Aly and Jake Heywood.

Wyatt is still just consistently good. He got a new roommate, moved into a slightly better room in the same apartment, started classes, and is getting ready and applying to new fun research positions and grad school. He went to church last Sunday in his old BYU ward and got a shout out from his former roommate in testimony meeting.

See? Remembering it all really helps! 

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Paige:
    Moving to a new place. So exciting! I'm glad you finally made it back home. Hopefully, the sinus infection is easily handled. I love the idea of library within a library. I also love the idea of a sock on the head. Because that's what everybody should do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad I came to see your blog. You were so good about remembering the good things and even knowing that it all wasn't perfect makes me think maybe I could blog...Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment