Go Cat Go!


We had a short interim at home before we got ready to go again. Both things were great.

One for the money: UV was especially affectionate when we got home.

Two for the show: Fenty is always glamorous, even when not wanting to be put to bed.

Three to get ready: Eve got braces this week! I don’t know if I’ve seen them this cute.

Now go cat go! These are some of the people we were getting ready to see! Love them!

One of the things I did to get ready was go to PV city hall and meet Adam, the city clerk who has been helping me put together the reading of the Prairie Village Proclamation on Religious Freedom, which will happen as we are on our way home. While there I found some landscapes of Missouri I just loved!

On my way to have lunch with Patty Ward after I was all packed I saw something that reminded me of my grandsons. (Buddy has influenced Frank to be a great fan of monster trucks. El Toro Loco is especially cute when pronounced by an almost two year old.)

Then we took off for Utah with Eve’s great friend Annabel!

We took Annabel to Deer Valley with us for her first ever day of skiing. She was such a pleasure to have along! A great buffer for my kids, up for anything fun, and just sweet and good to have around.

She pretty much mastered the obstacles on the bunny hill!

Dick and Diane came too and they are great for EVERYONE to ski with! Deer Valley has opened up a bunch of new terrain (all of it was new to us though) that takes you clear over by Jordanelle Reservoir.

Then the Fords came and collected Eve and Annabel for their wonderful birthday present of spending the weekend with their best friends Addie and Emma who moved to Eden, Utah last year! And the rest of us went to Red Iguana for dinner.

We spent Saturday at the condo. We took Griffin to DI and to Barnes and Noble because that is what sounded fun to him. The best part of that was seeing Griffin’s delight when we got him Snoop Dogg’s cookbook, From Crook to Cook.  Peak literature, he calls it. And then Wyatt and the Crespos joined us for the end of the Chiefs game and some pizza from The Pie for dinner! After dinner we had a last minute change of plans. Griffin was feeling like a crowded basketball arena might not be the best idea for him, so he gave his ticket to the BYU v. U of U game to Eliza and we got to babysit Juliet and Frank and have a sleepover of our own! We took them to the pool at the condo and then put them to bed. I absolutely loved watching Frank jump into the shallow end of the pool with his floatie on over and over, and watching Juliet do all of her tricks and direct us in a short game in the hot tub. I loved giving them a bath afterwards and putting them to bed in our closets. I loved watching Monsters University and making cookies with Griffin too!

Then we got to eat pancakes together this morning—all of us—and watch the kids be so funny and cute as they played. I loved it so much I almost named this post, “Best Day of My Life Giant Free Shark” which isn’t a song lyric at all, just a hilarious literal name Griffin once gave a huge unexpectedly gifted stuffed animal.





Aren’t they just perfect for 29 year olds who are doing all the things? 

Gah! I love these two so, so much!


Speaking of stuffed animals, Eliza and Evan are currently on their way home from the condo and I got this text from her:

“Frank just told me he wants you, so I asked him if we should call you, and he said ‘No, I want Grandma to come here and give me that snake!’”

Frank is on to me. He knows I would probably do it. A perfect illustration of it was that the second he walked in the door he said, “Where is my Grandma? I want a snack!”

Comments

  1. Oh, HEAVEN!! What a wonderful time with grandkids and kids and friends and husbands and skiing and even cats and just everything!! You're definitely doing it right! I love how Frank has his priorities straight. Grandma and a snack. Also, your Wyatt and Alan are growing more alike all the time. What a great picture you got of them together! I think your alternate title for the post is so delightful - just like your Griffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:05 AM

    Paige:
    Grandmother is always the bringer of snacks… And snakes if your male. It's wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment