Born is the Light of the World

The very best part of my week was having Wyatt here for Thanksgiving! He is so much fun for me and I still love to hug him like I did when he was tiny. I'll have to see if I can get an actual picture with him in in before he leaves today. My best things with Wyatt were him telling me about different kind of spaces, particularly complete, normed linear spaces (which are called Banach spaces), dragging him with me to put up Giving Machine yard signs and go visit St. Ann's Catholic Church to see if they would post one, going to Wicked as a family, and having him here to make Thanksgiving dinner more delicious and fun, and him coaching Griffin through making fried chicken. 




Since it is the weekend of Thanksgiving still, I'll give you my gratitude lists from the week.

I am thankful for:

-The sacrament and the messages I receive at church weekly. Such a gift!
-The music in church: Come Thou Fount, teaching YW last week and hearing their songs, and singing Christmas carols this week
-Working with the people in my calling. They are so good! Wendy Mayfield is going to be great.
-Seeing Misty via FaceTime on her 2nd birthday. 
-Cleaning and praying and visiting in the temple when it was closed on Monday.
-Taking Griff and Eve to deliver thank you gifts to their friends. Separately.
-A gift on my porch from my friend Cynthia.
-Hugging Wyatt!
-Lunch at Taco Naco with Griffin, Eve and Tammi Iba
-Posting yard signs with Wyatt
-Watching the movie Out of My Mind with my family
-Visiting and laughing together while we ate dinner
-Seeing Wicked with my people. It was so good!
-Hearing what my kids and husband are thankful for
-Teaching Eve to make dinner rolls and helping Griffin make fried chicken
-Dinner at Plate with Wyatt and Alan, followed by A Man on the Inside on Netflix
-A cold, tough adventure with Eve at Arrowhead stadium
-Watching Doogie Kamealoha, MD with Eve
-Seeing so many great people at the Giving Machines launch with Griffin, who struggled
-Talking to my Willa Jane on her way to work
-Driving home from the Giving Machines launch in the season's first snow



The machines were installed on Monday!

The signs started to go up on Tuesday

Wyatt went with me to check out St. Ann's for the first time

A new yard sign host in Mission Hills! Thank you Skinny Sarah!

A new yard sign host on Nall Ave.

Walking into Wicked doing something lightly Wicked. Note the bulge in Griffin's sock.

Eve and I handed out flyers and candy canes for the Giving Machines at Arrowhead. It was fun and frigid!

This is the third of my children that I tortured with my calling this week.

Tammy Reid (head coach of the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs) and Tavia Hunt (co-owner of the Chiefs) make our launches so much fun!  The best part was having an apostle, Gerrit W. Gong, close out the speaking by testifying that Jesus Christ is the light of the world before the Bonner family sang the song Light the World live for us.

I guess I did get a picture of Wyatt! He helped clear our driveway for us!


I am giving away our two tiny snow shovels today. No one is small enough to use them.

 

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Paige: what is sentimental time getting rid of your equipment for little people. Sure you don't want to save it for grandkids? Or mostly planning on spoiling them when they come to visit in the winter time? I'm very impressed with all of the work you do for the giving machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:33 PM

      It IS a little sentimental getting rid of little people stuff. And I did consider keeping them for grandchildren, but they so very rarely visit, especially in the winter.

      Delete
  2. I love your example of giving thanks in all things. Sorry nobody wanted to help with your giving machines job - but you're doing great!! (It's also character-building for the kids.) How wonderful to have Wyatt home for Thanksgiving! And he helped Griffin cook too? What does he not do? Sure love your kids! And Misty turned two?! Oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Heather, YOU are a giving machine!!! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment