Oh hey there my family! I think I have said a couple of times on my blog that I have been praying to see what is most important, and guess what? Family is totally the most important: the two busy, aging parents/grandparents, the two busy moms of young kids with their work and their handsome husbands, parenting and fun activities, the two busy mid-twenties killing it in Provo, and the two busy preteens in the middle of their storms and angst. That's what you'll get an update on today. (The two silver-crowned great grandparents, and all the siblings with their challenges and glory are also important, but they can share their own news.)
Alan Wimmer is such a wonderful constant in my life. He is still devastatingly handsome, still makes me and his kids laugh, and is still the best date ever. We went on two dates this week: Renovation Sensation and the Plaza Art Fair. Renovation Sensation is an annual renovated homes tour that benefits the student service organization at our high school. It was particularly dramatic this year, starting with a couple of thoughtfully renovated family homes and ending with two multi-million dollar dream mansions. The family homes were our favorites. Alan still loves his job and is still shaving time off his bike commute to St. Luke's Hospital (I don't know how he does that at age 56).
 |
| Sometimes Google photos offers you gems and you just have to go with it. |
 |
| From our FHE treat at Andy's Frozen Custard |
 |
| This is from the dinner before our temple date last week. Tacos then temple is just about the best anyone can do. |
My life keeps going. I have had more time to focus on getting things done and being there for the ones who need me. I am currently working on putting together a YSA/Youth Mini Conference about Book of Mormon Stories. I am inviting quite a few people who are NOT members of our church to speak, and I'm excited about the stories we will hear: an Alma the Younger experience from my electrician, a miraculous protection story from a guy in our stake who was lost at sea for three days, a King Benjamin story from my friend Pastor Sandy, an Ammon serving story from my friend Pastor Lester, and hopefully experiences helping people's children feel Jesus' love for them one by one from our recently released temple president.
I have also been keeping track of apellations people have given me that make me feel like I am totally in with different people. I loved it when a latina in the ward called me "mija", a grandma in the ward called me "kiddo" and a black sister called me "baby". I love it when people in the temple call me "Sister Wimmer", when Willa calls me, "Mama" and when Frank, Juliet, Misty and Buddy call me "Grandma". I've decided not to instruct people to call me a name I have chosen. I like the ones they give me because they like and love me.  |
| My hair is getting pretty long. I've been looking up tutorials on casual updos and cutting your own hair. |
 |
| This herb supplement has been LIFE CHANGING for me. Thanks to Paige for helping me be brave enough to see an acupuncturist. I am so pleased to be feeling more energetic and like myself! |
Mac and Mariah, I hope are having a nap as I write this. Mac ran an ultramarathon yesterday in McCall, and hopefully finished before 6am this morning after starting at 6am yesterday. I haven't called or texted for an update because I have been praying and also hoping they get rest! He had two friends coming to help pace him and run with him in the dark hours and Mariah dropping off food at key aid stations. (UPDATE: Mac ran 106 miles in 23.5 hours and took 4th place in the race. We are so proud of him for accomplishing such a tough goal! And for being one spot away from the podium on his first race that long!) Mariah is teaching High Fit whenever she wants, taking care of the sweetest kids in Idaho and getting ready for her 29th birthday celebration in Utah. Buddy still loves Monster Trucks, and is having fun at his two preschools. The co-op one by the moms is more fun than the nature preschool because they have Hot Wheels. Misty is getting more and more communicative and adorable and misses Buddy terribly when he is gone.

 |
| Willa photoshopped a pic so you could see both their faces at the same time. This hardly ever happens in real life. |
I also hope Eliza and Evan are having a nap right now. They attempted to paint and move into their new house in Orem this weekend, but even with a bunch of help from Willa and Wyatt they are close but not quite there. Juliet's room was painted, a bunch of furniture was moved, and many new neighbors kept coming over to volunteer help. (I love them already!) Juliet is loving preschool, Frank keeps getting better at English (even with a binky in his mouth), and Evan is still killing it as a dad and sales team leader.
 |
| Juliet's bed was ALMOST put together at the last update I heard. The walls are definitely pink now though. |
 |
| Eliza broke down and drank the commemorative Diet Coke Griffin gave her for Christmas because it was the last of the substance in the house and it is Sunday. We are so glad it was there! |
Willa Jane is in support mode for Eliza's family, even as she is using all of her fortitude to keep working full time at a less-than-thrilling job. She is also furnishing her apartment beautifully with fun finds from Facebook Marketplace. And she is sewing the cutest custom-quilted camera bag ever.
 |
| Willa chillin' with the lil kids. |
 |
| After the quilting and before the camera bag itself took shape. |
Wyatt, at the BYU devotional this week, got to hear Elder Patrick Kearon's wonderfully accented encouragement. He went on zero dates this week, which is a shocking drop from the last couple of weeks. Two potentials are coming out as most interesting, which is also very interesting. School is a lot, which he expected, but hadn't felt in a while. He still works at Einstein Bros. on Saturday mornings and does math research for Professor Whitehead when there is something to do. The roommate situation is less than ideal, but he is planning on fixing that for next semester. The only picture I have from him this week is one of a former mission companion of his from across the Marriott Center at the devotional and he told me not to post it.
Griffin played football even with a migraine this week. It's a tall order, and we are so proud of him for sticking with it. He did receive an Oculax, which is a relaxation device that massages and heats and looks l little bit like a VR headset. (Eve likes it as much as Griffin does.) Even with all this, Griffin is great at getting stuff done, being excellent at school, and helping and entertaining his parents.
 |
| Look at number 85 trudging out to be on the defensive line. Go Griffin! |
 |
| We opened up Wyatt's old room and Griff is still deciding if he should move in for real. He slept there a few times this week. Fenty was pleased to have the bed made and the door open. UV napped on the desk chair. |
Eve is doing just as well as a girl of almost twelve years old can. She is sweet and kind and gives the best hugs. School is getting a little tricky to keep track of, her mom does things that she is a little horrified by, and friends are getting on her nerves more often, but I am sure she will pull through these and learn great things from them. She never really wants to go to sax lessons, school or cheer practice, but comes home happy when she does. The same is true of cleaning her room, but that requires more help.
 |
| Quick snap after the game. They were both tired and hungry but they made it! |
 |
| Eve is far left, just after they were leaving the pose for the picture. I feel torn between watching the cheers and watching the game, but grateful I'm not double booked for football games every weekend! |
Yes! Family is where it's at! I love your long and graying hair. It's so stylish and your sassy bun is fun. You and Alan are a good example of continuing to date. What a huge weekend for Mac and Mariah! Congrats to Mac on finishing another ultra. He's amazing. (And I'm also super impressed with his pacers for even being willing!) Congrats to Evan and Eliza on moving into their new place. It's exciting and exhausting. So glad that Eliza and Mariah will get to be together for their birthdays! Your Ws are sure wonderful to have around. What a huge help they are. And those youngest two with football and cheerleading - I'm just glad you found some Chinese herbs that have made you feel like you again! Not sure how you were doing it all still with the slumpies. Love you sissie!
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you see people right while they are being their wonderful selves! You don't have to wait to realize that they are wonderful. It's a gift. For them, of course. Also for you and the rest of the world.
ReplyDelete