The Cutest Boy I Ever Saw

Happy Father's Day!  I am so glad to still have my dad and to be able to talk to him, which I did a couple of times this week. I also think I married an excellent father for my children, and it is my great pleasure to have married him--the cutest boy I ever saw. And I have also been thankful today for Evan and McCall, who are just such wonderful fathers to my grandchildren. I just love watching the good things they do.

Here is our early summer rundown:

Griffin was home with me this week while Eve was at girl's camp.  He spent a TON of time with Meyer, which is so much fun. And he had quite a few migraines. We wish that didn't happen. Griffin tells us it is bulking season. He is trying to exercise, eat well, and get big. He is also trying to learn Korean. He checked out a Korean/English dictionary and picture book from the library and has memorized the Korean alphabet, so he can read some things in Korean.  He is doing swim team and had his first meet. It's hard, you guys. Swim team is hard. He is signed up to do hockey again next month. That is hard too.

I have heard a couple of boys in this age range telling people "Curls get girls" this summer.



My cat can fly!

Mariah and Mac are parents of the two cutest kids in Idaho. Mac ran a really long race and got cramps that slowed him down for about ten miles but still finished in second place. Mariah took her kids to Boise to play at a splash pad and run errands. She bought a brisket for their Father's Day dinner, where they will host Mac's aunt and her family tonight. Buddy rides his bike everywhere and convinced a whole garden party of people that his parents don't know to come watch him ride over speed bumps in their parking lot while they applauded. Misty is an early riser and charms anyone she talks to--especially her grandparents over the phone.

Another cutest boy I ever saw hugging his sister!


Alan bought a new extra light road bike last week and has had fun riding it to work and back all week. It seriously weighs less than 10 pounds with its carbon frame and extra light components. He was demonstrating below for the kids to see. He and I commiserated on our dated this week about running meetings that just didn't go as well as we had hoped. We are both in charge of teams of people and it is sometimes hard--or even impossible--to bring everyone around to the same vision. 



Eve went to her first year of girls camp with a little bit of trepidation, but came home so delighted, singing camp songs and inviting us to sing along! She got five ticks at camp, but they were all removed quickly and without incident. She also got a little sick with a headache and nausea the last day, but realized that it probably had to do with eating a bunch of candy while being slightly dehydrated and not getting enough sleep. (What a great lesson to learn young!) Willa sent her a box of super fun makeup and false fingernails that she LOVES! 


One half done, one half not. She is cute both ways.

My best parts of my week are always my people. I absolutely loved bringing my book group to the Truman Library and Museum for a special VIP tour from the director, Kurt Graham, who Alan and I know from our stake. He skates so gracefully over so much history! And the collection and presentation there is just amazing. I also loved meeting with my assistant communication directors for lunch and my whole council over Zoom.  I also loved the time I got with my family in whatever snatches I could get while preparing and running all these meetings and working on Joel's estate. A bit of good news: the accident settlement is going well and getting ready to wrap up. Some golden moments this week were going to the PV pool together and just chilling on a perfect afternoon before eating at Salty Iguana and watching the movie Flaming Hot on Disney Plus (seriously so much fun!).  Also biking to Taco Naco and around South Lake Park with my true love.

Most of my BeReals this week are me alone with my glasses on.

Wyatt is having a bit of a lonely summer, being the only one living in his apartment, but as always is rocking school and doing good things. He has been surprised to be enjoying macroeconomics this summer, and the rest of his classes seem to be just okay.  I love it when he calls me on his walks--or whenever--but it turns out I am busier when his siblings are around in the summer time, so I'm not getting quite enough Wyatt time these days. 



Willa is still working for Vivint. It's not that good of a job, but there are good things about it. The hours are ones she can do easily. She is very good at it, and not everyone is, which is surprising for such an easy job. And it is paying her bills, which is needful. She recently won a new iPad at a work party, which was fun! She has gotten into press on nails and finds the best ones to try. She also got herself an adorable mini Swiss army knife so she could always have scissors at the ready. I love how she is always prepared! I also love that her siblings are her best friends and her fun time is spent with them.


Eliza and Evan found a house they were excited about enough to make an offer on, but it needed a lot of updating. Someone else will get to update it because they didn't win the bid this time. Eliza sends me pictures of things she is organizing, and my beautiful grandchildren, because she knows both will thrill me. Juliet is always interested in telling me something surprising or silly, and Frank's English is exploding right now. I understand more of what he says every time they call. Eliza gave me excellent advice on how to teach gospel doctrine this week when I was substituting for our teacher who is on vacation: just ask questions and direct the discussion to be about Jesus. I loved that!


Eliza's project. So beautiful!

Juliet, zonked out after looking at a house. I just love sleeping kids!



 

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Paige says:

    Where do I start? There is so much to love about this. I think I will start with "my cat can fly!" Because of course it can. I understand Joe McDermott made a whole song about it, but he really needed Griffin for the album cover. I also love the picture of the sleeping Juliet. Everything is 100% with her, right? You are the cutest thing in Kansas. I love your be real pictures. Congratulations on everything that is going the way it should. I hope you can get to a shared vision that works . Lots of strong personalities, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this all very slowly to really savor it. Such a great report on wonderful people. Congratulations to Wyatt on making the Deans list!!! I'm not surprised, but he continues to impress, doesn't he? What a guy. Also, your Griffin is adorable with friends and flying cat. "Curls get girls" - indeed! His hair is looking great! Willa has always had and continues to prove that her taste is impeccable. I love the nails and the knife. I love the description of Mac's run - slowed down by cramps for 10 miles, but still coming in second. He's crazy fast! (and has such adorable kids!!!) This is getting long. It's hard not to gush when it's all so good. Love being real with you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, once again I enjoyed “the read” of what is happening in the Heather/Alan branch of our Family Tree. I’m alway surprised at how much the youngest seem to have grown. Someone once commented that being grandparents is our reward for all the work involved raising our kids! I find myself smiling and so glad that I have technology to be able to do it! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:30 AM

    I love reading about all of your people! I also loved being in SS when you subbed. You have a way of drawing out both the best and most interesting of us that know and love you. 🩷 cw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment