Here are some things that light up my life:
Grandchildren! Aren't they the most beautiful, wonderful sunbeams you've ever seen?
 |
| Juliet had her dance recital this week. Lucky Grandma Crespo got to be there and take these pics. |
 |
| And GrandMarj and Grandpa Fred were there too! Wyatt even got in on the action. |
 |
| Buddy was showing me tricks. |
 |
| Misty says "Grandma" quite clearly now. It is so endearing! |
Other lights in my life: my children, my husband, my friends, my ward, and the people in my callings. Also the world. We have had a bunch of rain and we love the green, green part of the world we live in.
 |
| We sneaked into the Briarwood playground so Eve could show me her tricks. |
 |
| Here I am trying to get crafty and make Eve's costume for the talent show before I leave on my trip tomorrow. It's not going as well as it looks, but Griffin is a great photographer. |
I went to a baby shower for Taylor Kelly Cardinelli. Her sisters were there! And Sister Beatty! I love them.
 |
| I got to see pictures of Amy's son Thomas and meet Ashley's kids Ariella and Elijah. SO cute! |
 |
| This will be Taylor's 4th (she says last) child and first girl. |
 |
| Eve's new team swimsuit came. She is such a fun model! |
 |
| What she will look like as she is swimming away. |
This week Alan went to Boston for about a day and a half because he came home early from the annual Heart Rhythm Conference for an interview with a general authority who was calling a new stake presidency. He felt strongly that he should be there, and his scheduled 7 minute interview took about twice that long. And he felt like it would be the right thing whatever happened.
The right thing was to sustain Daryl Ward as our new stake president this morning, with counselors Jacob Henderson (KC third ward will need a new bishop now) and Andy Bonner. They will be wonderful. We will continue to serve where we are. Elder Jeffrey Kerr promised us in the adult session last night that as we participate in the Lord's work in the way he asks us to, we will feel the Lord's plan is joyful, merciful, hopeful, and kind, and takes into account your life, your abilities, your strengths, your weaknesses, your potential and your limitations. I'm feeling that today. I'll be a Sunbeam for Him.
 |
| This week part of our council met with a nonprofit serving at-risk teens. Pro Deo. |
Oooooh! Missed a bullet with the new stake presidency. Congratulations on keeping your callings!!! What is this costume that you are making for Eve and what is her talent going to be? I'm left with all sorts of questions. I'm excited for you to get to be with Paige for your birthdays! Yay! Lots to celebrate. Also, your grandbabies are so so so precious! I especially loved seeing that Papa Fred and Marj made it to Juliet's dance concert. What fun!
ReplyDelete