Keep My Heart In Tune

My pictures this week remind me of a brother in my ward in Alpine growing up who had five daughters whose names all started with the letter "D".  Dana, Debbie, Desi, Dani, Darcie. "We named them that way because my girls are all divine. And decent!" he joked.  This week was full of stuff that felt divine. And a bunch of stuff that was just decent. 

The divine things were:

1. The temple
2. Visiting a very cool art collection at a synogogue and giving the rabbi there a quadruple combination--the stick of Judah bound together with the stick of Joseph.
3. Going to a Book of Mormon Symposium at a Community of Christ church together with all denominations of Book of Mormon believers. It was a high quality date. Alan says he wasn't asleep as much as I thought he was. ;)
4. Being at the airport when Mallory Sheldon came home from her mission to Buenos Aires to her family.
5. Church today was amazing. Mallory spoke about prayer for her homecoming.  Nellie sang. Elder Randall K. Bennett of the Seventy presided.

Here is our divine Eve. She got to babysit Mira Kempton last night, and she came with me and Griff to the airport to meet Mallory. We listened to The Tortured Poets Department on the way there and back, and now she has had enough Taylor Swift for a while. I also found out that she purposely closed her eyes in every group picture in her yearbook last year, and that she needs to check her iPad in with me at bedtime.



Here is Griffin. He wouldn't let me post the picture I liked, just the one he likes. Griffin passed the sacrament to us and Andy Reid's family today, but he didn't really want to go to the fireside where the Reids are speaking tonight until the bishop texted to see if he needed to ride there with his buddy Meyer.


Here is me. I already told you about my brushes with the divine. I didn't tell you that when someone asked what was going on in my life this week I told them I am doing a bunch of work for people for free. (Luckily, they are people I love, and I did offer.) And that when I asked my friend who has Epstein Barr virus why he was eating a keto diet, I was listening to his symptoms of a perplexing and persistent lack of energy and relating so hard.


Here is my true love. He is all the good things. I love watching him embrace his new calling and having more time for other stuff. He is good at picking up my slack as I'm slogging through all my stuff now.




Visiting the Michael Klein collection at Synogogue B'nai Jehudah.

President Ortiz, Edee Sweeney, Julie Hanson, Ellie Holstein (curator) and Michele Stitt




A cute bunch of missionaries getting ready to sing at the symposium



 

Comments

  1. I often think of the Watkins, but you win in the way you borrowed the divine and decent this week! Your divine things are truly unique. It has me thinking about what I would call divine from my week. Something to ponder! I bet your Evie is a wonderful babysitter. She is the perfect age for it. Did you find out all the tidbits on the drive to the airport with her? If so, that was quite the useful drive!! Of course Griffin likes the funny pictures the best! Your pictures of you and Alan were both especially nice. I have always thought you were stunning in purple. How neat to be a part of a homecoming! Very sweet. And thank you for calling me this week. I really am doing better for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 AM

    Paige says:

    Tell Evie, she is super funny for keeping her eyes closed and pictures that she knows will end up in the yearbook. It shows it, a lack of self-consciousness, along with a wonderful self-consciousness in a complete different direction! That's funny.

    Tell the guy in your ward somebody else has adjusted the diet and is seeing good results from tons of vegetables, and high-quality proteins in very very small amounts. Epstein-Barr virus is a tough one. The Lord is the same in Kansas and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather for a fun read of what is happening in your life! Just reading about them gives me a smile.. I so enjoyed our stuff we did while you were here..an Aggie cone is always a treat and another meal on my back deck gave me a smile..I’m already looking forward to your next visit! Xo momw💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment