Willa Willa Willa Willa Willa Willa Willa Willa

The title of this post is meant to be sung to the tune of the Batman theme song. Go ahead and do it. We will wait.

The very best part of this week is that we have had Willa Jane Wimmer for 24 years.  What a miracle this girl is! She is just what everyone needs.  She makes everything fun. She and Wyatt went on a quick adventure to Vegas for her birthday and got to stay with Kirsta and check off some bucket list items.

This food truck was on their list. She said they had things that seemed like cheesecake sandwiches.

Kirsta had a 24 banner up for her!

They saw the Sphere. Less impressive than they had hoped, but they are awesome actors.

And her main bucket list item was the analog photo booth at the Charleston Antique Mall.

I heard there was another photo booth in a bar they checked out too.
They are both old enough to do that.


And we wrapped up our trip to beautiful Tucson.


We had dinner with the Cherrys! Natalie, Mike, Caleb, Devin and Ethan. Brayden is at BYU.

This is a pocketful of gravel I accidentally dumped on the bed after hiking home with it.

On the way to 7 Falls in Sabino Canyon.

I taught my kids to make houses out of rocks and desert trash like we did when I was a kid.

That fishhook pincushion fruit is real and had to be harvested with tweezers. It tasted like nothing, but I brought it home for the seeds because the plants are so cute.

Eve telling Auntie Kirsta about the unicorn deodorant.

Modeling the deodorant after her polar plunge.

We all did a few polar plunges.

This is why I brought the gravel home. Two tiny piles of mica (above) and garnets (below)

Baptisms at the Tucson temple!

Griff trying out the bat ears at the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum. Such a cool place!

I forgot the name of this already, but I loved this hardy yellow desert flower.
Reminds me of Paige, of course.

Ready for the Pima Air and Space Museum

In the cockpit of a B-700 simulator, just like the one they filmed the movie Airplane in.

Makes you want to soar. This was quite close to the Airplane Graveyard, which we drove past, but didn't stop for.



When we got home a calla lily was blooming in our greenhouse and daffodils and redbuds in our yard. 

Also, I had to start running on all my projects again. It's a lot, but the race brings me joy too.

 

Comments

  1. nise blog mom ie lice it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Another fun peek into your family fun! I loved seeing what is happening in your lives...as you already know I am envious of your “very own greenhouse!” It gave me a smile seeing your “middles” go to LasVegas to celebrate Willa’s BDay.... when did they become “ grown ups!? Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to be a part of your week indirectly! It was great fun having Willa and Wyatt and seeing what things they liked doing in Las Vegas! You beat me to it. I need to go blog :) I loved seeing your tiny tings from Tucson. What nifty little things you found! I hope your fishhook pincushion grows from seeds - that would be so cool! It was nice to see that Griffin got what he wanted - the air and space museum and that the hikes were fruitful. I guess you lost - not going to the Biosphere 2. I looked online and decided that the pictures online that they had of it were pretty accurate. Maybe you didn't miss too much. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Paige:

    Somehow, all I can get is the Perry the Platypus song. It's sort of close to Batman. Maybe Willa would be OK with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Paige continued:

    Three favorite things from this post. One, the yellow flower, obviously. Two, Willa's animated face for the photo booth. Three, the pile of gravel in your bed. Super funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment