Voulez Vous

Voulez Vous, in addition to being an awesome song by ABBA, is a French phrase that means "Would you like to...?" This week has been a week of some fun invitations:

-Alan invited me on a date to the Plaza, all lit up for Christmas. We ate at Seasons 52 and had a wonderful walk, in about 52 degrees. And then we came home and watched a Hallmark Christmas movie. Because it just seemed like the right thing for our date.

-I took up an invitation to teach a Christmas aqua class. I haven't taught since June because I haven't wanted to, but I thought it sounded fun so I did! Then I took a nap.


G and E joined me when they decided I had enough rest. Hahaha!



Eve made these very cool paper and packing tape squishie toys. The M&Ms are a present for Wyatt.

- I invited a bunch of churches to put a Giving Machines sign up. A couple of them even said yes! Most notably, Kennetha Kuttler (isn't that a great name?) of the Community of Christ church in Prairie Village said "Yes, and please put a flyer on our doors and also would you like a tour of our building and to meet some people?" It was astounding and wonderful! Miraculous even.


-We stopped by Joan Hollack's house to see if she wanted a sign and she invited us right in (wearing her Christmas jammies!) so we could see all her astounding amount of Christmas decorations. She has a twin brother, so she has always paid special attention to me and both sets of my twins. I love her! 






-The Cargnells invited us over to their house after the last day of school for the year, along with a giant chunk of the 5th grade and their moms and a giant chunk of the 3rd grade and their moms. It was amazing and a lot. I am so impressed with Macy!

-Also I was invited to join AARP. Hahahahaha!


Best thing of the week: WYATT is home!!!! He came on Friday night and we celebrated by going to Joe's KC BBQ. Ahh! Delish! Wyatt is just wonderful to hug and to visit with. He cleans my kitchen with some regularity and brought Garrett over to visit. It was so much Garrett, and so much fun! Hahaha!

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I'm so impressed. Your skills at cold calls are probably better than most people. I loved those selfies with you and your twins in lots of different moods. That was hilarious. Evie, of course, is a very creative girl with her gifts. I still think doing free surgery with her would be fun deal. I wish I had remembered that when I was visiting your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful invitations!! I love your pictures of Griffin and Eve coming to you to play. Christmas in downtown KC looks so festive - almost as festive as Joan Hollack's house! Wow! That woman knows how to decorate for Christmas. I needed some of her Christmas spirit here at my house this year. We've done precious little to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:10 AM

      One of the things I love about going to Joan’s house is the slight overwhelm of seeing nearly every surface decorated. It makes going home to our not very much feel like a breath of fresh air!

      Delete

Post a Comment