The Hanukkah Song

Best things of the week:

1. Our friends the Stengers, Chris, Angie and Hattie, have come to the Giving Machines with us for two years. This year THEY brought it up that we still needed to schedule a time to go together. I loved that! Here I am on the committee and they were the ones who invited us. We had a yummy dinner at Meddy's first and then went ice skating at Crown Center after.


2. Hanukkah. I pretty much love it.  The kids want to keep it. We are bad at it, but I love how it is the festival of light. It goes so well with #LightTheWorld!


On the 7th night of Hanukkah you should listen to The Hanukkah Song by Adam Sandler. And I Wanna Puppy for Hanukkah, but that goes without saying. We did that one almost every night.

Latkes! 

I loved how our menorah matches mom's holy family.

This is Q listening sweetly to Eve be dramatic about 5th grade girl stuff.

Julie Hatcher, me and Wendy Ramirez at Phyllis Brooks' graveside service. We were there at the scheduled time and no one else was. Not even Phyllis! Her family came late and left early. It made it easy service.

UV was fully asleep I think. This picture reminds me of a video Willa made about depression and also seemed fitting for how I felt this weekend. It will be fine. Everything is fine! There is light and hope.




3. Last best part: Eve Wimmer volunteered to play a solo during the 5th grade Briarwood holiday band concert. This gem was sandwiched between Hot Cross Buns and Jingle Bells. I love everything about it. She is so brave and so good!


 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful solo! I am so impressed with Eve's poise and talent. She hasn't even been taking lessons that long, has she? Her exposure to music through piano and singing shines through this too, don't you think? I love it! Winter is always a bit difficult. I have been struggling to do even the things that make me happy (I can hear Mom calling me a dumb bunny for it!) You have a good perspective on it - that it's just winter and this too shall pass. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she started lessons this summer. And I agree, her musical background and talent are shining!

      Delete

Post a Comment