General Conference featured most of my very favorite hymns! Come Thou Fount- check. How Firm A Foundation- check. Rejoice the Lord is King- Check. I loved it. The parts I got to really attend to were really, really wonderful. President Nelson, broadcasting a talk at age 99 with an injured back, was amazing: think celestial, 20 new temples all over the world--one in Mongolia! So many reminders about the joy of the covenant path. Remembering that tithing is about faith. Standing in holy places and with holy people. The sanctity of the family. It made me think about how all things can be made one in Christ.
I got two fun lunches with friends this week. One was with a trans woman in our ward that I now minister to, another was with a kindred spirit who also took me to tour the two hotels her husband was hired to oversee the building of and management of. (Yes, I'm just going to dangle that preposition right there.)
Eliza and Evan came to hang out with us before Evan Reed's wedding! We got a fun date with them at True Food Kitchen and we got to play pickleball with them. Evan Crespo gallantly and patiently played with us until Eliza told him I wanted to see the beginning of conference, then he wrapped things up in a hurry for us. ;)
It was a great week. And the parts that weren't so great are going to be okay.
 |
| Eve Wimmer, tooting her clarinet on the way home from school |
 |
| The Home Trio |
 |
We biked with Owen to the library during soccer practice. Owen was in a baby carrier. Hahahaha!
|
 |
| So it turns out Eve's arm IS broken. Just a buckle fracture though. |
 |
| Mariah is at Eliza's house watching all the kids while Eliza and Evan are in KC for Evan Reed's wedding. She is the best. This was the best pic we could do with only 3/4 of the kids awake and with her. |
 |
| Misty is getting good at cutie pie poses. ;) |
 |
| Jeff and Shana DESIGNED this wallpaper in the A-Loft hotel that Jeff manages. |
 |
| We finally got the door to the guest room open. AFTER Eliza and Evan left us for a hotel. Hahaha! |
 |
| Why yes, that IS an heirloom quilt being used for Eve's fort. |
Misty is so adorable! And with teeth!! So sorry about Eve's broken arm! Poor thing. Those hurt! Love the picture of her playing the clarinet. Also, it is the best that you got to see Evan and Eliza. They are so great! I love you so much!!
ReplyDeletePAIGE o
ReplyDeleteDang! You are cute! I love that photo of you at the end. I had a hard time figuring out the photo with the cat curled up on a person. Perhaps the person was in the chair? Your summary of conference talks sounded inspiring.