This was the last week before school started so we tried to do something really fun every day.
Sunday: A perfect picnic outside at the Ford's house.
Monday: A piƱata party. Thank you KJ for helping my kids make them!
It was too heavy to hold up by a string with the Costco sized bag of candy they stuffed in there, so they did it soccer style, taking turns kicking it with mostly bare feet. I'll put in the one minute video at the end.
After the candy snatch, the boys ran in the house first, and the girls marched in after them.
Then we did Summer Salt Ice Cream for FHE. I think they were pretty sugared up!
Oh! Hello there Frank! Isn't this the best thing you've seen all week?!
Tuesday: The kids had a picnic at the park while I went to the temple. Win-win!
Wednesday: Moon Marble and kids playing at Frandsen's house while I had a lovely rest at home.
Thursday: Going to Aldi and seeing Savannah cats! We seriously didn't take enough pictures.
Eve and Griff wanted to know what Aldi was all about because I haven't gone there during their whole lifetime. I described a dreary discount grocery store where you had to pay for carts and bags and bag your own groceries. We were all a little surprised at how much better it was than my memory! Hahaha!
A Savannah cat is a hybrid between an African wildcat (serval) and a domestic cat. This one has black on black leopard spots and was such a sweet kitten--he let Eve push him in a toy shopping cart. I have a friend who breeds them. We saw SO MANY cats. I asked her how many she owns and she says she doesn't even know. The numbers change all the time. You can see more at her Instagram account. https://www.instagram.com/p/CeJWkrAFfQD/
The serval let us pet him!
They have more coarse hair than a house cat
This is our own domestic cat, hiding from Eve on her book shelf.
Friday: Date day. Date with kids to McDonalds--also something I never do with them-- and a date with Alan to Restaurant 1900 where we celebrated being married for 32 years. Our anniversary is Tuesday. Paige and John's is Wednesday.
Home from a delicious date! Haute cuisine just hiding in an office building on State Line Rd.
Saturday: We went to the mall with the rest of the free world and the kids got to bounce on the bungee apparatus.
Eve, mid-flip.
Today I spoke in church about the blessings I have seen from serving in the temple. It was such a glorious thing to think about for the last few weeks! I narrowed it down to three categories of blessings: fruits of the spirit, blessings for my family, and knowing and being known by Jesus Christ. Then I told stories that illustrated some of those kinds of things. But the best part was preparing for the talk. I especially loved asking other people who are temple kinds of people what blessings they have seen from serving in the temple. They were always amazing blessings. Every time. And then I got to talk about it out loud and share those blessings with my ward family and tell them that they are available to everyone. What happy news!
PAIGE says. Wearing a pin yada on your head is the most sensible thing to do. Ever. I love the photo of you petting a serval cat. What an opportunity. I'm also stealing the entire structure of your talk. I've got to give one on the 27th and the types of blessing you described will be 100% proper. So there. Not cheating if I tell you about it first, right? Plus, we're not in high school.
"i love you mom" says griffin in a soft yet smooth voice.
ReplyDeletePAIGE says. Wearing a pin yada on your head is the most sensible thing to do. Ever. I love the photo of you petting a serval cat. What an opportunity. I'm also stealing the entire structure of your talk. I've got to give one on the 27th and the types of blessing you described will be 100% proper. So there. Not cheating if I tell you about it first, right? Plus, we're not in high school.
ReplyDelete