Last week was such a good one! We didn't even try to top it this week. I only went to the airport once instead of thrice and we mostly just recovered. I had several days this week where one of my best things of the day was a good long nap. My other favorites were spending time in the temple and with my husband. We even got a date to the temple together! And we had fabulous tacos in the park with Wyatt when the weather finally cooled down. We were especially glad for cooler temperatures because Wyatt was quarantining for COVID until today. So far no one else has gotten it. Masks work.
 |
| Setting up for a picture with Great Grandpa Fred before he flew home. |
 |
| Not very many kids get pictures with great grandparents. My dad has one with his. And these 4 kids will have some pictures with theirs. They are so lucky! |
 |
| These are some excellent guys! |
Monday my favorite thing was taking our big kids to dinner at Lidia's. And we took Misty! She ended up being one of my favorite things too.
This week we had extreme heat advisories all week. Soccer was canceled for heat. Wyatt said the thermostat in his upstairs bedroom was at 94 degrees and the closet felt hotter than that. That poor AC just can't keep up when it goes above the low 90's outside. And he never complained!
 |
| It was so hot I picked up the kids from school. Griff didn't expect it and had to come running back. |
 |
| Orientation for band parents! I have never been to one of these! Eve is playing clarinet and Griff keeps going back and forth on whether we should keep or return the trumpet we rented for him. |
 |
| I found this as I was resetting bedrooms after our guests left. |
 |
| I have to see Frank virtually again. He calls and growls at me. I love it! |
 |
| Eve got super cool new shoes in women's sizes! I remember when M'Li made that jump and when I did. It's a big threshold to cross! |
Awe!! Love the picture with Great Grandpa Fred! What a hot week! What a guy, that Wyatt to not even complain about the heat upstairs. I love it that you get these short days with him. You look happy and complete. I can't believe Griffin and Eve are doing band! How exciting. I wonder what will happen with the trumpet. You'll have to keep us updated. I always think life gets a little bit easier when the jump to women's sizes is made both in shoes and in clothing. There's always an awkward time with clothing that is in between sizes. Cute shoes!!
ReplyDeletePAIGE says. I had to read this blog two or three times because you go through for pictures. You go through for words. You go through to think, "what in the world can I say?" Even with all the enjoyable stuff going on, you remember to take photos! Thank you so very much! I hope that the case of Covid for Wyatt is an easy one. What a great thing your children did coming back for him, even with little ones. That took a lot of effort. Tell Griffin and Eve good luck with school! It will be fun to see if band turns out to be as fun for them as it was for me and for William.
ReplyDeletePaige comment for Griffin - please tell him I did read his blog entries, but Google isn't letting me make a reply. I was just looking for a good book recommendation, and I might try Mistborn by Sanderson. Also, I'm glad to know that Korean carbonated milk is a thing. He is expanding my horizons.
ReplyDelete