This Is My Kingdom Come


Here is the rundown on my favorite people:

Alan: Lean as can be. Still bikes to and from work crazy fast--22 minutes there and 24 minutes home when there is more traffic. Had someone ask him at a stoplight if he likes his new car yesterday when he had to drive to St. Luke's North. He said it was pretty nice. He gets the same speed thrill Willa does and loves to floor it as he leaves a stoplight. He took me on a date to Ben Iba's wedding open house and got to see Mark and Tammi's beautiful remodel for the first time.

Me: Trying to drag through life with a smile. The things that energize me are happy interactions with my people and serving in the temple. I got to be the veil coordinator this week and see really great movies with Eve thrice (Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris and Barbie--twice). I'm also gearing up for book club this fall and reading a really fun novel that is a true story (Everything Sad is Untrue. Isn't that a great title?).

Mariah and Mac: Living the dream. Settling in to their condo in McCall and enjoying the months that the Kellers are there. Last I heard it was only Marcie who was there from the Connecticut Kellers. Mac is out winning races and training the high school cross country team. Mariah is taking care of the cutest kids in Idaho. She made my day when she let Buddy FaceTime me and tell me what I should bring for everyone when we come visit them next weekend. Peeks of the sweet girl Misty thrill me! She is growing up just right.

Eliza and Evan: Living the dream. Young, urban, professional, parents who are juggling it all. Childcare is tricky. Working the right amount for the right people is tricky. Having happy, thriving, goofball children and fun ways to support themselves are the best. Juliet is going camping with Grandma Crespo in an RV tonight. Frank brought another baby at church to tears with his joyful screams today. He is a very vocal dude.

Willa Jane just signed for an apartment in Provo and is feverishly looking for the job that will make that possible after her current, amazingly fun, project finishes. She is working out daily and doing all the adult things just right.

Elder Wyatt Wimmer will be back with us in less than a month! I LOVE missionary Mondays, when I get to visit with him and hear about what it's like for the trilingual duo of elders in Key West. He is searching for high quality Haitian-speaking investigators right now. Haitian speakers are generally pleasant and willing to talk to anyone, so the trick is to find people who are actually interested in learning about Jesus Christ and the restored gospel. 

Griffin is everything a 10 year old boy should be: funny, smart, loving and helpful.  He loves to figure out how to make a buck, learn about alternate realities and film theories, and discover even more ways to bug Eve. (She is providing particularly amplified reactions these days.) He thinks maybe I should stop blogging. Permanently. It takes too much attention away from other important things. 



Eve Wimmer is everything a ten year old girl should be: sneaky, loving, hilarious and tender. She loves coming up with her own fashion style, playing with makeup, hiding from us, and especially hanging out with friends. She and Griff LOVE Temple Tuesdays, because it means they get to spend time with their favorite teenager, Militza Almoney. This week she wondered why she felt fat, even though she knows she is not. It was sweet and heartbreaking and tender for her mom. My response to her growing up is often the title of the puberty video. Meet the new you! It cracks me up way more than it does her.


I forgot what the getup was about. Just part of summer with Griff. He says he was being the Prince of Town and Country Estates.

Eve wanted to get the prize promised us in the mailer about the Jeep dealership grand opening. They gave her $20 in WalMart gift cards because we hustled right in and because she is so cute.

Eve and Griff had never seen Latter Day Night Live. I fixed that. Some of the comedy had better staying power than other parts. Although I do remember there was a bit of cringing even back when it came out.

 

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:13 PM

    It's wonderful to know your people are doing things right. And by right, I obviously mean the fun way. Good for everybody! I'm getting frantically excited that I get to see you this week!… Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report!! I love to hear about Alan biking. It's always happy. And all those happy things we really need to store up in our middle-aged lady hearts because this time of life is NO JOKE!! I'm glad you have your littles who aren't so little with tender hearts and big mom love. The "Prince of Town and Country Estates" completely cracked me up! I love it that Mac is coaching cross country. They are so lucky to have him!! And winning races! Yay! You get to see grandbabies this week???? How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment