Quick rundown on everyone plus some blessings:
Eve: Told me she is thriving this summer. She is starting a small business doing a summer camp for small kids (wish Buddy and Juliet could come do it!). Griffin is one of her employees. She is doing swim team, growing her own toads from tadpoles, making many creative projects, and living her best life.
Griffin: Also loves summer, doing swim team, and swimming. And the library! I think he has been there at least thrice this week. He had a terrible bike wreck on the way home from a tough workout at swim team on Friday and then got up, rode home, and came in the house before he let himself check his wounds and cry. I told him that is extreme toughness.
Wyatt: Sounded so great when I talked to him on Monday. He had NINE investigators at church on Sunday: 3 Creole speakers, 3 Spanish speakers, and 3 English speakers. It sounds like he is doing things just the right way. His "shack" he lives in has missionary decor. There is a surfboard signed by a bunch of missionaries, a Mexican flag, a Haitian flag, and some unknown flag also signed by missionaries.
Willa: Is SO excited about the work she is doing. She on a team doing motion design for the immersive projections for a BYU ballet production that will be staged this fall. It is based on the work of three female artists, and they are getting a lot of artistic freedom about what the show will look like and how it will flow. It's so much fun to hear the joy in her voice when she talks about it!
Eliza, Evan, Juliet, Frank: Are currently at the cabin in Brighton, celebrating Frank and Shelly's 40th anniversary and Juliet's 3rd birthday with the entire Crespo clan. Eliza did some fun continuing legal education this week. Juliet likes to pretend she is a dog. Frank likes to yell. And smile adorably.
Mariah, Mac, Buddy and Misty: Are currently ALL in Idaho, on their way to becoming official residents of the state. There was some question about this happening because Mariah developed a terrible case of vertigo last week. Mac drove the moving truck up without the rest of the family, while Mariah tried to recover at Eliza's house. Yesterday she was feeling enough better that she made it all the way to Meridian/Nampa driving herself with a stuffed car and her two kids. Hopefully they will be reunited in their own, new-to-them condo, very soon!
Heather: I am back to working in the temple on Tuesdays and I love it! Summer has come with a bunch of kid action, a jello-like schedule, and a lot of sudoku. I went to an Indian cooking class yesterday with my friend Karin and learned to cook a bunch of amazing (safe) vegan Indian street food. I'm also stirring the pot for book club, which will start back up in August.
Alan: Helped plan a funeral for Charlotte Holt he wasn't able to attend because he was working on Saturday. We are so lucky he has excellent counselors and ward council to help make all the things happen. He was able to trade call nights with Dr. Gupta so we could have a date night to stake conference last night.
Best blessings:
1. Charlotte Holt. She was such a wonderful lady! She was one of our church grandmas, a redhead who reminded me of my own red-headed grandma. But she was much closer to the age of my mom. Her funeral was just lovely. Her son talked about the MANY different lives she lived, and how she refused to move to Oklahoma to be closer to her kids because she couldn't leave us, her ward family. For Charlotte's funeral luncheon, we used her food storage and her decorations that her sons didn't know what to do with and encouraged people to take anything they wanted to take home. It felt just right. This pic is from Super Bowl Sunday this year. We were supporting our team
2. The temple, the temple, the temple. It is my happy place.
3. Naps. Man, they totally help me.
4. Being the one everyone wants to tell their things to. I get to teach and love Griff and Eve at home still, and I still hear from my big kids all the time. I seriously love that.
| Alan explaining about high voltage power lines to Griffin and Eve. |
| A bucket of toads for Paige. |
| Getting ready to release the toads far away from our house. |
| This is not the most glamorous picture, but it has a pond bloom and some people I love in the same frame. |
| Eve came up with this all on her own. |
| Leaving for swim team without me. |
| First dip in the pool this season...wait for it! |
| I wanna be that fearless. They both have done over-rotated flips off the high dive already. Ouch! |
| And Happy Airplane Day (86th birthday) to my Dad this week! This was from the cockpit of a Boeing exhibit in Wichita. Maybe my dad can tell me which model this is. |
Such glorious pictures of your family this week! I love the jumping off the diving board pictures. I think I was never that fearless!! I'm so proud of Griffin for being so tough when he got hurt, but it tugs at my heart a lot too that he was so brave. The funeral for Sister Charlotte Holt sounds like it was "just so" as GGG would say. I love it that you have a selfie with her. Your husband does so much and you do too!! May all your naps be energy-giving!!
ReplyDeleteThe high dive photos were spectacular. Griffin is good at action shots, isn't he? And of course, Eve is good at Fabolousness.
ReplyDeleteThat was from Paige's. Also, thank you for the bucket of toads. It means so much.
ReplyDelete