Peace, Peace, Be Still

Here are the best things of the week, in no particular order.

1. My work on my front garden is paying off. The day lillies, daisies, salvia, bee balm, begonias and lantana are all blooming at the same time. I love it. And our tiny surreptitious garden hidden around the basketball court is slowly growing. Maybe we will get some food out of it.



2. Eve and Griff had their first competitive swim meet in Shawnee. I love watching them improve over the course of a season. Backstroke is their least favorite, and I got pictures of both of them doing it. Eve has her arm up in this one.



Griffin in the foreground, checking out the competition.




3. We released a bunch of tiny toads. One of them hopped up and ate very small ant right off the bat. Once they can survive out of the water they turn carnivorous and start climbing the walls of their bucket to go look for food.



4. We had a date with Griffin while Eve was at Emma's birthday party. I also started trying hormone replacement therapy. Became a fan in just a few days.



5. Eliza reminds me regularly how great my adult children are. And how adorable my grandchildren are.





6. Alan was released as the bishop of the Kansas City First Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we sustained Bishop David Frandsen with counselors Jeff Kempton and Tim Ellis. They are going to be great. And Alan beat us home from church! Alan bore testimony about what a blessing it has been to see our members' faith as they serve and even as they greet him with respect and love. And he talked about what a great blessing it has been to serve under President Ortiz, who has been such a wonderful and inspired mentor to him, and President Nelson, who has introduced so much change in just the last five years. 

Jeff Kempton, David Frandsen and Tim Ellis. Thanks to Willa for editing.





 

Eve chose clay as a prize for paying attention to stake conference last week. "Don't say I made a bad decision. I don't regret anything I did." - Eve Wimmer

Comments

  1. What a huge change to have Alan released from being bishop! Are you getting nervous for what comes next? Your little carnivorous toads are so so cute! It is a constant job relocating them, isn't it? Eve's quote is fantastic! I love her no regrets attitude! What a darling picture of Eliza and Frank! I love it that you get smiles from him - you must be pretty special. Your yard is so beautiful. I'm casually jealous of people with great yards like you. Not enough to make mine wonderful, but enough to want to be at your house more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:43 AM

      Yes yes! Come to m house more! How can we work that out?!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:02 PM

    Paige's says, baby toads should be encouraged. Especially when they're eating ants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:30 PM

    I am super impressed with Alan's service as bishop in your ward. Please tell him that even though I neglected it closer to the time he was released, I meant to congratulate him for doing such a great job. Also, you and your children to do great job of supporting him. --Paige

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment