Well, how can you live up to last week, really? You just can't. So here is what I found that brought me joy.
| Azaleas in bloom! My funny lilac is blooming too. I just wish it were more dramatic, like the azaleas. |
| Look where Fenty decided to sit. |
| UV and the tree peony. |
| It was a furniture maintenance week. I put new knobs on Griffin's dresser because I had just had it with the stripped out wooden ones. |
| Briarwood open house was this week. I loved how excited Eve and Griff were showing us their stuff and I loved seeing all of the very good families trying their best coming to open house. |
| We had our dining chairs reupholstered by Ramos Upholstery. They did such a good job! |
Other little pieces of joy:
-giggling with Willa and Wyatt on a group FaceTime on Monday
-going to a regional communications meeting and hearing how people find joy in their service in that calling. My little 7 years in that calling was really put into perspective by hearing from people who have served 13, 15 and even 35 years in that calling.
-Taking a dear friend out to lunch for her birthday and just being with her as she cried about the hard things in her life. And she isn't someone who is down and dreary, she is just going through something so, so hard. And she let me be with her in that and love her.
My hard thing is just staggeringly low energy right now. My doctor said she would order some labs.
The last picture of you and Alan together was my favorite, but you have such pretty flowers happening in your own yard! I would say lucky you, but you work hard for that yard!! How fun to have a school open house at the end of the year when the teacher knows the students so much better and all their work is up on the walls. That would be fun for me as a teacher. This calling could last 35 years? Wow. What's the term for that? PR long-haulers? Chronic PR situation? I'm so sorry about the low energy. I hope it's nothing too serious. Low energy is a bit of a crisis when you're a Wimmer wife and mother! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, not every week can be such a big pay off in life. There have to be the ones where the work happens to get the pay off. This week didn’t seem too shabby though. Plenty of beauty, some of your favorite people and doing things you enjoy! Also 35 years in a calling seems like a number from the early days of the church. Maybe they are just going with the motto, “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.” And what a great friend you are to sit in the hard that your friend is facing. Good luck on more weeks between payouts! Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteThat really does so good knowing that your missionary and your college grad still get together to laugh. They even include their mom! Life has its bonuses, doesn’t it? I also love the picture of you with Allen. It just cracks me up that Evie loves to have her shenanigans documented. Fenty loves to be in the middle of everything, but look like it’s no big deal. Not many pictures of Griffin this time. I do miss that boy! Give him two huge smooches on his cheeks and then you won’t get in trouble because you can say it’s from me.
ReplyDelete