I'm Glad That I Live In This Beautiful World

Whenever I hear the song of a bird



Or look at the blue, blue sky


Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by



Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree,


I'm glad that I life in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.


The Primary kids sang that song in sacrament meeting today for Mother's Day, and luckily I was practicing and playing it with them for a couple of weeks so I didn't even cry even though this song totally reminds me of my mom.  The men in the ward sang, "Come Thou Fount" for us, which is also one of my very favorite songs. The head coach of the KC Chiefs spoke about how his covenant relationship with God helps him access God's power. He talked about it being like a contract relationship between a coach and his players. But God is the Head Coach of all head coaches. His testimony made me teary. We also heard from Mia Webster (how to better love the people around you) and McKay Hathaway (how the Savior can help us be poised in difficult circumstances). It was just all part of the best Mother's Day ever.


Wisteria are in bloom this week!

My ninebarks are blooming even though they look worse for the pruning I gave them last fall.

These Riverside Siberian Spruce trees were barely up to the fence when we planted them. They have more than doubled that now. And I love the English ivy volunteering to grow under them.

I reworked my front planters this week. Still more to do.

Columbines! They make me very happy, but not Alan.

The peonies really came out this week!

The last offerings of the tree peony.

The first offering of the herbaceous peonies

These Japanese maples are just gloriously red right now!

Even the smoke tree is blooming

Irises this week too!

Eve at her soccer game, being a recovering-from-sick midfielder 



Kids outside before church

A smile from the chef this morning. He made me a glorious breakfast!

And cards! And flowers! And chocolates!

The pin is for my mom and the dutch shoe earrings are for my grandma. And Marj.

Eve and Griff matched with me, made me adorable and hilarious homemade cards, and gave me coupon books for services of things they mostly do or that I mostly don't want. So cute!

Wyatt Facebook messaged me!

Willa jumped on the FB video call AND had my favorite mascara delivered to my front door.

Eliza FaceTimed me twice and gave me some of my favorite dish towels.

Mariah gave me a wonderful string of Bitmoji messages and got me her new favorite makeup that I'll need to get from her...sometime.




I miss you, Mom! Thank you so much for getting me to this beautiful world and teaching me how fun and beautiful and glorious it all is! I so look forward to hugging you and giggling with you again.

Also, now you are gone I may start calling you my Angel Mother and you can't do anything about it! ;)


 

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:20 PM

    I feel like she might even approve of "my angel mother" now that she is in heaven :) I love your kids and husband for loving you properly on Mother's Day (and always) and I am grateful to our mother for those things too. Your ward did music right today! I'm proud of you for not crying your way through the primary song. You are a fantastic mother. I learn mothering tips from you all the time and you probably don't even realize it. HMD, Heather Faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can rise up and call her “bleessed” (with 2 syllables.) That’s fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the tour of blossoms in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Griffin is super cute. Getting lanky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayci9:36 AM

    I love that song. It reminds me of Roberta. I am so glad you had a good Mother’s Day! You have beautiful people and plants all around you! Thanks for sharing your bounty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment