Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy

This week I am going to really cut back on the words and let loose with the pictures.

Bests:

1. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl! We had a fun time getting ready and excited for it, even WATCHING it (holy cow, right? I know.), and then decidedly not participating in the celebration afterwards.

2. Thursday into Friday. Addie and Emma spent the night, I went to book club at Shana's house, and even sneaked in an endowment session the next morning.

3. Traveling. We are in Mexico right now! We are holed up in a beautiful small hacienda in the historic central district of Merida, in the Yucatan. We have been having wonderful adventures, and the best part is that we have Willa Jane with us and have more to come.

I sat by Charlotte on Sunday. We were both supporting the Chiefs through wardrobe selection.

Eve on our Sunday walk. On February 12.

Fenty watching us watch the game.

Right before our neighbors started setting off fireworks.

Griffin's awesome homemade Valentines. I did the washi tape.


Eve's awesome homemade Valentine's cards. I printed them and cut them.

On the Chief's celebration day off, Eve made a large single pasta dumpling. It wasn't good.


UV is so happy to sneak a nap on the master bed.


1
Vegan charcuterie from Cafe Gratitude from our date. It was SO good!

DFW fun. Or not so fun...



Chaya Maya dinner when we got here,.

s
Kids playing after ice cream in the Plaza Santiago

Hey Wyatt! Look! It's a tribute to you.

Griff hanging out in the rear courtyard before breakfast

Our first bigger adventure: trying and failing to find the church

Oh there it is!

Some people find it hard to pay attention in español. I loved the parts I got. I liked thinking of the Holy Ghost as eternal Wifi, and the parts that encouraged us to act upon our faith. That is what it's for.

Church was next door to the temple!



And this is what you do after church.

My handsome husband in the courtyard.

In English, this is There is Sunshine In My Soul. My favorite part is how my screen can only fit two measures on at a time. 

 


Worsts:

1. Kids who aren't sure they want these wonderful adventures. Usually when they are hungry.
2. Coughing and congestion.
3. We changed phone carriers about a month ago. It turns out they have zero coverage here. We are desperate for places with WiFi! Home and the church have been best. Nice illustration of the concept we learned about in church.

It is fine. All is well or will be well. There is sunshine in my soul today.



Comments

  1. So so much to love about this post! I love the Valentines and I love that you were a part of making both types. I love the horrible dumpling! Thank you for including things that aren't perfect too :) I love your family in Mexico. You look great. Relaxed. Happy. Young. You need to spill the beans on your skin care regimen. Alan does too. I love that Griffin and Eve do NOT look happy to go to church en español. I love that Eve will still smile for a selfie with you during Spanish sacrament. I love that Willa is there with you soaking up the sun. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 AM

    PAIGE has words. Cow! The Chiefs are so good at winning Super Bowls! Congratulations to everybody in your house and in your city. Your twins make a lovely valentines especially for you. Well, at least Griffin does. It looks like he made valentines for everybody is in classless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Um… My comment went it’s own way. I don’t know where. So, I will say you are glamorous and gorgeous and fun and beautiful and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the Chief’s! I was thinking about you guys and almost texted you congratulations. I love the Valentines, they looked similar to ours. And good job getting a Valentines date! I failed at that. So fun that you are enjoying sunshine and your people in Mexico! It looks like a fun adventure. I hope you are able to keep enough calories in your kids for them and you to enjoy it at even continuous level rather one with lots of peaks and valleys. It will be great memories either way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment