There's Yellow Red and Brown

This week was so beautiful outside! I think we reached peak color--the most colorful leaves actually still on the trees. I kept trying to take wide angled pictures and kept not being satisfied with the small amount you can get with a lens.





Alan was a little sick this week. His small cold turned into a bacterial sinusitis, as it often does. He is feeling better and sounding better though now. I even started kissing him again last night.

Isn't he cute when he sleeps? He looked so concerned this time.

the sky on the way to Briarwood

Here are some excellent things from this week:

-lunch with Linda Y. She is such a good friend to me. We have all the fun just talking to each other.
-a walk with Carrie B. Same as above.
-going to the 4th grade field trip with Eve's class. Griffin's class was there too. I also got to ride home with Ashley Edmunds.
-I organized a lot in the storage room and made the kids help with some yard cleanup.
-really great reports from parent teacher conferences.

Here are the less excellent things:

-having another week of really low energy
-getting a little tired of all the Giving Machines meetings
-G and E not getting enough sleep Friday night leading to a hard Saturday.

We are working on it. We will make it.

They had actors from Kansas past meet us in the woods. This was Leon, a French Canadian voyager who had the kids (and the adults!) in the palm of his hand.


Talking about the furs and the spirit animals in the Kansa tribe.

Mrs. Stotts and some Pawnee teachers acting the bourgeois part.

Hi Willa! Here I am with YOUR 4th grade teacher!


I realized I need to stop catering to these two youngest when I saw three different breakfasts. Or not. Life is just so much better when they eat. 

-and Halloween celebrations started. Eve's costume parts arrived and we went to a few local businesses giving out candy in the afternoon.



Griff has wanted to go (or even not go) as himself this year. The candy is secondary. I told him adults like it when you try. This is him trying. The costume is "Kid Sponsored by Kellog's"


Then Eve got artsty on my phone. 



This orange filter is the Happy Halloween gel cling on our window.

 

Comments

  1. What fun things Evie does with your phone! I love it! And I love Griffin for trying. His costume is great! And kind of funny. You're a great mommy to these two lucky ducks. Poor Alan. I'm really feeling for him getting sick. Glad he seems to be perking up. Your colors are wonderful even though a lens can't capture it all. Thank you for sharing your colors. We don't have any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:03 AM


    The sky on the way to Briarwood was magnificent! I love watching Evie enjoy her mime outfit. She’s so dramatic. I agree with you that kids who have nifty costumes make me happier than kids only want candy. Tell Griffin. It’s true that adults enjoy Halloween, but only if kids are having fun with you dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:04 AM

    That was from PAIGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you noticed that “the littles” aren’t as? Where does the time go? It seems as my assigned amount moves along that it moves a bit faster all the time., not complaining, just observing! Xo momw 💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment