This week had an excellent arc: regular gearing up of the week, going into a high point hanging out with my two favorite toddlers, then sliding into a long holiday weekend where we served in our ward.
 |
| A fun ad on the wall of an old building in Melvern, Kansas. We have driven an hour south of KC three times in the last couple of weeks. We are starting to really like it, but at the same time we don't want to do it EVERY day like some people do. |
 |
| Thank you Willa for the fake nose ring. |
 |
| Griffin tenderly providing "spa services" to Eve for $3/hr . His services included tucking her in with soft things, misting her with water, getting a book for her to read, and gently placing goldfish in her mouth one at a time. |
On Tuesday I got Griffin and Eve off to school and then flew to Utah and drove to Provo and had dinner with Mariah, Mac, Buddy, Eliza, Juliet and Willa. Evan was still at work. After dinner we hugged Mariah and Eliza goodbye and got ready for my babysitting gig. (Mallory Sheldon was at home doing my regular gig until Alan got home.)
 |
| Juliet loves to swing! |
 |
| Buddy loves bikes. SO much. He found several to try out but this was the favorite. |
 |
| The owner was asserting ownership. They listened, but didn't really care. |
We had a fun "lunch" which was mostly ripping apart food, since they were ready for food a half hour earlier at the park and had inhaled three muffins between them.
A spectacular feature of this babysitting job was that their dads came home at night and took care of everything right about the time I was ready to be done!
The next day we took the stroller over to the BYU Museum of Paleontology. It was tiny but mighty. I was impressed with what good things they had!
 |
| Buddy is always down for a stroller walk. Juliet got herself ready, including a pink horse (Willa gave it to her) and sunglasses. |
Then Papa Fred came and visited with us! Buddy used to be sitting by him until Juliet heard there was going to be a picture and usurped his place.
 |
| My dad told me about the only picture he has of himself with his great grandfather as I was taking this. I have seen the photo, it is taken on his great grandparents' front porch and my dad was very small. |
 |
| This full room just fills my heart! |
 |
| Also Mariah cut my hair. This is the bedhead version of all of us after I got home. |
 |
| Dancing to Juliet's favorite song: Ghost by Justin Bieber |
Two articles I pitched were published:
Today we fasted and prayed and brought an art student to church with us and tried to figure out why Alan's car never started this morning.
Here a few videos, just to show you the amazing level of cuteness of my sweet little charges this week:
Wow you are the best Grandma!! The videos were so precious. Ivy and I gushed and watched them multiple times. How fun to have so many of your loved ones together in Utah. The pictures of Great Grandpa Fred with those two heart string tuggers were very dear to me too! The haircut is fun! I like it. Do you like having bangs or does it seem extra after so long without? You have such a beautiful face shape for all the hair dos, plus nice thick hair. I'm a little bit jealous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat to hear your voice as you talk to sweet grandchildren on the videos. I agree with Kirsta. The hairdo is great. Aren’t you glad your husband gets the enjoyable gigs now and then like Manheim young couples? Sorry to hear that his car is out of service.
ReplyDeleteGriffin giving Eve a spa day perfectly tailored to her whims made me smirk. Many things have a price. I get that concept. Three dollars an hour seems totally reasonable. How many hours, though?
That last one was Paige.
ReplyDeleteOur Daddy is a handsome fellow, don’t you agree?