Nor Do We Love Each Other Less

Griffin and Eve started school on Thursday. I think we just got bored a lot before that. Buying school supplies, going to the dentist, going swimming, cleaning the house and stuff like that. Here is the rundown on everyone.

Eve: She is in Mrs. Stott's class! Willa was excited to hear that because she had Mrs. Stotts for 4th grade. Eve likes her, but was a little bit wistful because Griffin's teacher has such better decorations, and details make a difference to Eve. I asked her today if she missed taking piano at all and she got a little teary thinking I might make her take lessons again. She loves to take pictures, play with almost anyone (she hung out with a 3 year old for the last hour of the ward party on Saturday), and crack us up with the unexpected.

Griffin: He is in Mrs. Peters' class. She is new to Briarwood but definitely not to teaching. She is a 60-something very nice lady who has a great class library, a space for the class guinea pig, and great botanic graphics on her labels. Griff came home happy every day from school, biked to and from the ward party on his own timing (before the rest of us both times), and impressed his Primary teachers by correctly referencing Socrates and Plato during the lesson today.

Wyatt: Our favorite missionary is getting used to his new area in North Miami. We haven't heard too much about it yet, but he is still smiling. We know that missionary work is just like real life--about half good and half bad, but he keeps on smiling and working, bringing the spirit with him into our lives every time we see him on video calls. 

Willa: Worked her ears off moving out of her College Place apartment this week, only to find that her new place is just not going to work. She is planning on going back to the management company and asking for a different spot that is clean and has windows in the same building that is a 3 minute walk from where her classes will be in the fall. Then she is going to come visit US!!!  Boo yah! We can't wait.

Eliza: I really like her schedule: three days a week where she has a drive to Draper in which to call her mom and two days a week to Face Time me with Juliet.  It sounds like she is learning great things at work and working on great things at home. 

Evan: Was offered a job in Miami for 6 months. It would be TOTALLY cool if they take his counter offer to go for the first month and then only one week a month for the rest of it so he can be home when their new baby comes and while Eliza gains some credibility with her new job.

Juliet: She still likes it when I sing her songs, read her books, and show her the cats when she video calls me, but her favorite grandparent is still male. She doesn't like diaper changes, but also doesn't want to be potty trained very much.

Mariah: She is still hanging out in Idaho on the lake. The last time I tried to talk to her she was on a date with McCall, which is great.  She has suggested some fun new hair ideas for me. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that whatever I do, my new grandma hair will also come with my old grandma face.

Mac: I am assuming he is still living the dream working a ton and running a ton. Also he takes my daughter on dates while Buddy is sleeping.

Buddy: Also doesn't like diaper changes but really likes books and cats. Also prefers Alan.

Heather and Alan: started celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary by going to a new place (Cafe Trio) for dinner which had pretty good salad, mediocre rolls, delicious entrees, a jazz pianist, and a great view of the Plaza. We went to Betty Rae's for dessert. 

I heard a couple of very hard life histories this week and felt like I had people lining up to tell me things. It is a flattering but very strange kind of talent when people just need to tell you stuff. And I got to talk to two out of three sisters AND I got a text from Joel. That is totally a win!

Alan worked this weekend and got a new executive secretary, who we think will be great: Kyle Tanner. Kyle also spoke in church today and his wonderful parents Arlon and Patty came to listen.

First day of school pictures!

What grade? FOURTH GRADE!


Eve's portrait of Fenty. She sometimes looks like her right eye has an allergic reaction.

Naked ladies are blooming! Bella donna amaryllis.




One of our Juliet tomatoes ripened!

UV mid-driveway stretch

One of the Medtronic reps gifted us with two heavy boxes of home grown produce!

31 years this weekend!

Getting the awkward down early.


The bright white in the center is Eve's nose. Almost as good as an ultrasound, huh?!

 

Comments

  1. You made it to the start of school! Let there be rejoicing! (At least that is what I will be saying.) You are a week ahead of us. I like the report of your people. You are all wonderful humans. You have a fun assortment of pictures that are both fun and visually pleasing. Congrats on 31 years! #Couplegoals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan must have a total in with the Medtronic rep to get homegrown produce!! That's really cool. Much better than notepads and pens! Congratulations on 31 years together. You and Alan are especially good at it - being together, that is :) Yay for good teachers! Also, I loved seeing your cats. I might need extra cat pictures for awhile :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:19 AM

    Paige:

    Stop saying you have one kind of face or hair. You’re Heather, dang it. It’s an eternal thing. It serves no purpose to sound like any of your appearance things are disappointing. Snap out of it!

    Eve’s nose and her bored photo were hilarious. I would love to be in class with Griffin and his spectacular teacher. I think Eve should volunteer to be the class decorator.

    People love to tell you stuff? How do you get them to quit? Maybe you just give them a one-armed side hug and tell them “that sounds hard.” Most people like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapping out of it directly. And thank you for the social advice! ;)

      Delete
  4. Jenny Richardson11:09 PM

    I loved everything about this update—and happy anniversary! I’m glad you and Al got married!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment