Alan- His application for academic promotion was provisionally approved. The wheels of academia roll at a sedate pace. Sometime, "not many days hence", he should be a full professor at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. We have had a hot week, and I always enjoy watching him as he faithfully produces both vitamin D and buckets of sweat as he reads literature outside in a swimsuit on a lawn chair on days off.
Heather- I taught water aerobics outside for the first time this week. My little brick of a speaker doesn't produce enough sound for the wide world and a corner pool pump that is working its heart out at Young's Pool in the morning, but I had a fun time with my ladies and a few gents (including my boss and his wife this time!). Alan took me on two awesome dates this week: to the temple and to the John Mulaney show at Starlight last night.
Mariah- She is still beautifully amazing as she raises the cutest boy in Idaho and works on growing his little sister. They see the Keller grandparents daily in real life this summer, and I can't wait to get in on a little of that grandparent action this coming week.
Mac- He is still handsome and amazing as he runs all over the Idaho mountains, dreams of living in inaccessible areas, and works for Apple and Arc'teryx.
Buddy- Oh my! I just love this boy so much! He is talking much more now, which is so much fun for FaceTime calls. He has all sorts of opinions and still has the most adorable smile. He learned that my name is Heather this week and tries to say it, but is much better at "Grandma".
Eliza- She started her job in Draper this week! I got to preview her headshots for the website (utahdivorce.com but her picture isn't there yet). She isn't sure if she is flattered or not when people tell her she doesn't even look pregnant. They tried to sneak a peek of the gender this week, but that baby was not cooperating.
Evan- Went to Miami for work this week and was SOOOOOO close to Wyatt, but was so disciplined not to contact him in any way. He is really excellent at sales and has a great, albeit sometimes stressful, time with it.
Juliet- I got a picture of a tiny poop in a teeny tiny toilet this week! The responses Siri suggested were "Yes" "No" or "Sorry I can't talk right now". The correct response was HOORAY! She tells me fun things in full sentences regularly. She and her cute new Minnie Mouse training pants are just such a fun source of joy for me.
Willa- Struggling with headaches and mental health still and again, she still got the Richins' family photos edited and delivered. She is so great at that! And she has been trying to figure out ways to nap with construction right above her head.
Wyatt-was doing awesome when we spoke to him from an empty set of stairs at Reagan National Airport. He is having fun with the missionary work and his companions. He likes outlet mall shopping and ward parties, which they have with some regularity in the Linton Ward. There is one sister who feeds the missionaries lunch every single Sunday. I love her.
Griffin- He wanted so much to go see Paws of Fury, which is an animated cat/dog/ninja movie loosely based on Blazing Saddles. He and Eve gave it 7.5 stars out of 10. I gave it a 5, but it was fun to hear them giggle and watch them eat Krispy Kreme donuts afterwards (and remember why it is I should not do that any more). He is also trying to earn a bunch of money doing yard work this summer and has spent a few mornings weeding with me.
Eve- She was the one who most enjoyed watching the first half of The Little Mermaid from a floatie in the middle of the PV yard pool. And she also probably most enjoyed the Langford triplets' pool birthday party. And she definitely most enjoyed the quick trip for them to see the temple today after church.
| If you look REALLY close, you can see the spray from the exuberant dripper making it up to the tree leaves. |
| Griff and Eve are behind us with chlorine crunchy hair, still watching the movie, but wanting to go home. |
| Not sure what this is, but it looks green and cool and was also on my phone. |
![]() |
| Zoom in and look what is on Janene's shoulder. |





Paige:
ReplyDeleteI spent so much time trying to figure out how to get blogger to take my comment that I forgot what you said on your blog post. I do remember that I got permission from Willa to post some photos from the Richins photo shoot on my own blog. So, there’s something we have in common. The picture of your beautiful daughter Eve in front of the temple was so pure and beautiful. Please tell her that I love how she has a good soul.
I like the way you teach aquarobics. I think you’re particularly good at it in salt water.
please tell Griffin that I understand the desire to make a bunch of money. It’s completely fine. I am so excited that Allen gets to be a professor. Once he is set up and teaching classes, you should let us know what the titles are.
He teaches cardiology fellows in hands on practice, not actual lectures with titles. Although that is funny to think about.
DeleteWhat a wonderful report on your whole family! I'm so glad to know that Alan will be teaching doctors and where Eliza is working (I looked at the website - her picture is up and it's so beautiful.) The pictures were all so great! I love your two last little ducks, but they are growing up so quickly! They are getting lanky like fourth graders do. Also, thank you so much for posting more pictures of the Richins!! I saw some on Kayci's blog, but I can't get enough of these. Willa outdid herself with these!
ReplyDelete