No You Can't--Yes I Can!

We'll start with the bloom report, because it reminds me to look for the beautiful things: salvia, day lilies, daisies, bee balm, coneflowers, coreopsis, hydrangea, and I ate my first baby tomato that I planted way too late!






I also have children growing. They have both been so hungry this summer! You can almost see a visible difference each day!

Eve asked for makeup she could play with. Thank you Willa for an entire bag of four year old cast offs!

We went to the money museum on a hot day and had a great time.



Eve with the most valuable coin of all!

A Lee's Summit First Ward RS activity I wrote about to pitch to the local paper. They made 30 dresses in one night to donate to the Dress a Girl Foundation. Their dresses are going to Uganda.

Ideal playdate: haircuts, makeup, dress up, play lawyer.


Everyone knows a good lawyer has to have a fun drink, right Eliza?

We were overbooked for Saturday and it turned out okay. Great even. It started at the PV swim meet, which was much shorter than expected.

This dude has a great time. He was taking pictures of us for fun. Silly faces preferred.

I love watching Alan play with little kids.




Emma (pink goggles) and Eve (yellow cap) lined up for freestyle

Griff doing backstroke. Backstroke is hard.

Emma, Eve, Griff ready for breaststroke. Eve won first, Griff second by less than .1 second.



E and G with their coach, Wyatt Morse, who has such a fun aesthetic this summer.

Then the DalBello-Stengers took G and E to the lake and Alan and I went to the church because Swope Parkway United Christian Church was having their last service there and wanted to thank us personally for letting us use the building. Alan expressed it well when he said what a joy it was to have them there, and that we loved getting to know them and recognize our shared faith in Jesus Christ.

Reverend Rodney Williams presenting Bishop Wimmer a plaque


Daryl Ward, representing the stake president, who has COVID this week. 

Then we went to Melvern Lake for a couple of beautiful hours to swim and visit with our friends. We made it time for a quick dinner and to send Alan off to the stake center for another meeting.

And it's not all flowers. The weeds this week were a terrible emotional meltdown and low energy that lasted nearly all week, and a dear friend from high school dying. (Julie Hunter Ferry died from injuries she got from falling rocks while hiking.) These things make me especially grateful for the flowers.

Comments

  1. Oh Heather! I'm so sorry to hear about Julie Hunter. What a terrible tragedy for her family and friends.

    So proud of Griffin and Eve for their determined swimming! I love it that the money museum was a hit. Also, Eve's playdate is so funny! I love how she adores her big sister. Plus, she looks so cute as an attorney!

    Your flowers are a delight to me too. Thank you for sharing them - we get so precious few summer flowers.

    What a great opportunity that your ward was able to share a building with another congregation of another denomination. That is truly unique and the plaque was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun look into to your family life! How great to be able to have it ! I loved the different parts ..the flowers..the kids ...you. I am always so grateful that you and Alan found each other! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 AM

    I think I saw all of these pictures by email, and forgot to head over to the Blog to make a comment.

    You are right. Knowing that Julie isn’t doing all of her good things in Utah Valley makes the world seem unsteady.

    I love the photos of the flowers. I never even once played attorney. It is hilarious! Girvin is such a fast swimmer. I’m sure he will get first place a few times this summer. Willa is great to pass along extra make up.

    I’m glad your ward was able to help another congregation. Those who believe in Jesus Christ should act like it. That’s exactly what you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment