To Be Simple

This week was a recovery week. My calendar was mostly blank. Everyone was home on Monday, even with school in session. Here are the blessings:

-Resting when you need rest is healing and wonderful.
-We had Briarwood open house. I am thankful for teachers who are working so hard and trying their best to teach so many kids to be good and learn and become more. I am thankful for so many good families doing the same with their kids.




-We went on a walk with Carrie. She is wonderful. On the way home, we discovered a pit we hadn't known about (pictured below). I also got to walk with Tami this week AND Carrie again. Good friends are such an amazing blessing!



Me showing my daughters how I need a new hat.

Mama squirrel eating acorns on our table

Yellow finch perched in our paperbark maple tree.



Redbud blooms and brand new gold-green leaves.

Redbud view looking up

Redbud view looking down





We went to the symphony in the park on Friday as a storm was blowing in. The guy with the red walker is named Don Z. and the brand of his pants is "Casual Joe".

I have had my eyes open for a house for some friends we hope move here. Guess who is selling soon?




I went to an Indian cooking class at Noopur Pathak's house. I thought her spices were so beautiful!


And also her living room swing, which I tested out with my friend Leila!

 Alan was in San Francisco while most of this was happening, at the Heart Rhythm Society conference, which has not been held for the last two years. 


This kind of week is not what I usually plan, but it dovetailed so nicely with our reading from Come Follow Me about the Sabbath. Our bodies and spirits need to rest, and we are blessed both in body and in spirit when we have a regular pattern to learn about entering the Lord's rest. It can be and is, as Isaiah says, a delight.

Comments

  1. Such beauty you find everywhere! Your pictures of nature were good food for the soul and the spices were lovely!! I agree. Also, I think it's very brave to have a swing in your living room. Griffin and Eve are a delight as well. What a wonderful and colorful wall for Eve to pose in front of. Was some of that her art? Trust Griffin to find the hole and demonstrate for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Your “need for a new hat” picture. Just priceless. Why don’t you bend the brim so it doesn’t look so goofy? Maybe goofiness is the point. Who am I to judge? All the time, I do goofy stuff and I approve of it in other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Also, the squirrel. Props for the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment