I just rewatched an old video about the Mother's Day Fairy Godmother Fairy, who asks you what you want for Mother's Day. The mom ends up asking for one of those clay handprint things because all the other fancier things have riders or disclaimers that make them much less appealing. Breakfast in bed? Check. Cleanup not included. Jewelry to wear? Check. It's made of macaroni. A sweet photo of you and your kids? Did anyone actually take it? She is a fairy, not a magician.
Alan gave me what I really wanted: to be with my kids on Mother's Day. He flew me to Utah. AND he sneaked awesome chocolate and a sweet card into my suitcase.
Mariah and Mac and Buddy gave me a beautiful gold necklace with tiny M- O- M charms. And a hairdo!
Eliza and Evan and Juliet gave me vegan peanutbutter cups, flowers, a sweet card, and food and lodging for the weekend.
Willa gave me a hilarious card I loved and some dark chocolate. And her excellent hugs.
Wyatt gave me a special individual video call in the SLC airport.
Griffin gave me a "Time Magazine" he made in school, plus a sweet nap when he crawled into Eliza's guest bed, woke me up, fell right asleep and pinned my arm.
Evie gave me some papers she made in school and a fun FaceTime with her dad.
My Dad and Marj gave me a special trip to Provo to visit me on Mother's Day morning!
Evan and Mac gave me and Mariah and Eliza and Willa a fabulous dinner that they made for us: salmon, corn, asparagus, salad and cilantro lime rice.
| So adorable. I really wanted him to sleep, but I also really wanted to get up. Lol! |
| I asked Mariah to take a picture of me and Willa. Buddy photobombed us! |
| This is us giggling about it. |
| Dinner with most of my kids and ALL my grandkids! |
| Ah! I'm in love with him! He is putting his mac into his juice. |
| Sweetest thing ever. My girls loving each others' babies. |
| Evan is SUCH a great dad! And dude. |
| FaceTime with Eve, who stayed home because there was too much fun to miss at home. |
| Choppy video chat with my favorite missionary. |
| Tolerant daughters going along with the Mother's Day selfie. |
This is it! This is motherhood. It's what I really, really wanted.
That sounds like the most ideal Mother’s Day ever. What a perfect gift. All your pictures exude happiness and love. It’s wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHow delightful! You are the most beautiful mother. I love all the pictures with you and your children and grandchildren. I tried to post about mothers day, but then got bored with myself (and my mother's day was fabulous too!! ha ha) Maybe I'll go try again :)
ReplyDeleteI love your last quote. This is what I really really wanted! Aren’t your kids lucky that they know you adore them? They are lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky people! The photos were amazing, and the words about them just perfect. It occurs to me I really didn’t say much about Mother’s Day. I’m with Kirsta. Maybe I’ll go back and try again.
ReplyDelete