Oh Blessed Hour, Reunion Sweet

Our weeks start and end with church. We belong to a really great ward family--a cross section of humans that hits almost every demographic, and we love to gather with them to renew covenants and share our lives and journeys with each other.

This is my friend Jill. Our wardrobes are composed of very similar colors, and almost every time I see her I think we would look coordinated in a picture together. So we finally took one! These outfits are actually much less coordinated than we often wear. Some days we literally wear the same thing.


This week we went to Utah to ski/snowboard and see family! Two of our favorite things!


A bit of a hard sell early in the morning the day after a late flight though...

He did cheer up somewhat.


We went to Sundance and parked about 20 feet from the lift.

And Dick came! He made our day.

We gathered at the Crespo's house, who graciously hosted everyone for tacos and us for a Provo sleepover.


This one is really only good of Eliza. But it is so good of her! And wait till you see the video at the end.


We even got to see Grandpa Fred and Marj! They seem angelic to me with their goodness and white hair.

Apparently I met Mariah for drinks too. At this point I had already missed my chance for a photo featuring either Mac or Buddy. Alas!

Keeping with the drink theme, we FINALLY let Eve try boba tea. It was weird and okay. But very cute.

Bill and Kirsta came to SLC while we were there!  Hooray!


We messed around and missed Paige together.





When we got home, we went to church again. This time WITHOUT MASKS! I celebrated by wearing lipstick and also earrings that would definitely have gotten caught on a mask. We had great discussions about Abraham but swerved clear of the messes in Genesis 19. Someday we will understand all that, right?!


Here are some of the things that were NOT bubbles and butterflies:

-Valentine's day.

- Jollying Griffin through extreme blood sugar lows. 

-Eve and Alan getting violently sick. They are pretty much better now. 


 And here are some very short videos of things I liked:


Griff is in green, Alan in red.














Comments

  1. WHAT! Kirsta was here too! I totally missed out 😭.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your characterization of carrying Griffin out the door as a "hard sell"! It was so hard not to stop in PVO on the way back to see your kids and grandkids!! Thank you for hosting us. You do it like it's easy - just like you do everything. We loved being with you all :) Alan as a grandfather is so very sweet, and it's fun to see the snowboarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan talks to his granddaughter than the same cute voice he used for his own children. What a wonderful video.

    The photos of you and Kirsta together gave me pangs. They were good ones though. I have decided that Kirsta ought to have chin length hair. In there one photo where I thought that her hair had gotten cut, it was tucked up in a cute way that we made it look like a frame for her face.

    You get to enjoy the Utah snow when you want to. That is just so wonderful. Catching a rare glimpse of Willa is also great. She is such a wonderful girl. She is filled with joy. Things may be hard, but she let the joy happen anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment