Blessings of the week:
Train your brain- I did a 5 day online workshop that was AMAZING. It was by Jody Moore, who is a life coach. I have listened to her podcast for over a year and she has given me some great ideas. Her gig, is of course to sign you up for coaching at $59 a month, but I didn't think I wanted that. This week long course gave me exactly what I needed (and what I feel like the Lord has been trying to teach me for a long time) and also made me feel like I probably don't need coaching. I do still like listening to the podcast and even reading her book. Most of what she teaches is a model that helps you take control of your thoughts and your brain and even your emotions and agency. It was wonderful.
Teaching aqua- I am back at teaching the ladies (and a couple of gentlemen). I am only teaching 2 classes every other week, which is what I think I want, but it is only a temporary setup. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to 3 classes every week. I have to teach in a mask right now, which is difficult, but it makes me take it easy and not exhaust myself as much. Who knew energy management would be such a difficult thing for most of my adult life? And that it only gets trickier?!
Writing- I wrote a news article about a business that hires and helps intellectually and developmentally disabled adults. They do receive some state and county funding, but they are also mostly funded by contracts for work they do. It was just wonderful to tour the site with the CEO and meet some of these people who were just so easy to love. I'm putting pictures in below.
Walks with Carrie and Tammi- I am blessed with such great friends right now! I think I often am, but this is an especially tender blessing right now as I'm the perimenopausal bishop's wife. Tammi has been married to a bishop and Carrie is my exact same age and going through so much of what I am going through. And both of them are brilliant and wonderful and cooked for me when I had my vein procedures. And I got to walk with both of them individually this week!
Veins- As Alan and I were on our really great date eating at Unforked, he said he thinks my veins must really be doing a lot better. And they are! We have both noticed that I don't have to take breaks in the middle of cooking dinner to go put my feet up on an incline hardly at all any more. And this week I rode the stationary bike for exercise and did fine for the whole rest of the day! That is rather amazing. I have missed riding bikes in a big way for the last couple of years.
ZION! I loved studying Moses 7 this week. Like SO MUCH! I have an excellent scripture study curriculum laid out for myself right now, but my favorite part this week was just basking in the light and revelation from Moses chapter 7. We are so lucky to have that! It's a definite perk of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Most of my week felt like blessings as I went back and reviewed. And it felt even more that way as I reviewed. But I definitely have things that are challenges. I'm sure they are blessings too. They are just what I need right now.
| Nikki making COVID test kits. She met her husband at work. |
| Sharon has been labeling spices since 1977. |
| Tiffany has learned how to be the receptionist! |
| Pacman waffle by Griff |
| New thing to try to make dinner planning more fun. |
| WYATT!!!! My favorite missionary! Oh how I love him! |
| Walk with Tammi as the cold front blew in. |
| Benediction on last Sunday's walk. |
Oooh. Now I need to go check out Jody Moore. You always give lots of good resources! I agree that meal planning is a big conundrum. I like your happy cards. Maybe happy cards will make me actually get up and cook what is on the menu for the day. Does it work? You are also a great example of cultivating great friendships. I want to be better at that. Beautiful pictures!! Especially you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. Jody Moore is great. She’s helped me a lot with my thoughts. I am glad you are having fun teaching aqua again. I am sure you will figure out the right balance for you. The business you interviewed and visited sounds awesome. There needs to be more options for those special people in the world. Your veins feeling better so you can ride bikes is wonderful! Yes, to Zion and studying! So good. I like what you are working on. Like Kirsta said you give good recommendations and do good things. I love your pictures too. You and your people are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteComfortable legs? It seems like such a simple desire. I am so sorry for you that it ended up taking a long long time to get to this point. I hope that your level of comfort only increases from here. Nice going.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are taking time to take better care of your self and that you are feeling better! Wyatt looks great!
ReplyDelete