We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

About this time of year I usually post an angsty thing about who should get a Christmas card from us. I've decided that is enough of that! Christmas cards are no longer transactional. If I want to send you one, I will. That will be fewer cards than in the past, which sounds just right to me. 

So if you got one, and are here to find out a few more details on what everyone is doing, here are the words!  You already got the picture.

ALAN (timeless): He has been a bishop of our ward (congregation) for four and a half years now. The usual length of tenure is about five years, but there are no guarantees. I think he is really good at it so they may keep him longer. He loves serving the Lord, which is one of the most important reasons I married him. He also loves doing the best job (cardiac EP) in the world with some amazing people at St. Luke's Hospital, biking to work and for fun on trails, and fitting in basketball whenever he can.

HEATHER (embracing middle age): I have decided that I am doing about what you would have predicted I would do if you knew me in high school. I am a freelance writer and a part time group exercise instructor, in addition to my absolute favorite roles of being Alan's wife, a jillion kids' mom, and grandma to the two most perfect children to come to Earth. I've had a great time working on the Giving Machines KC committee and wrote most of the FAQ on the website if you'd like to check it out. 

MAC, MARIAH and BUDDY KELLER (20's and 1 this month!): Mac negotiated a raise and permanent virtual employment (graphic design) and moved his family back to Provo where he can run in the mountains with his brother. Mariah persuaded her twin sister it would be fun for her to move back to Provo too and makes people beautiful on the side of taking care of the most charming boy we know right now. Buddy is practicing things that sound like words and wishes he could just run already!

EVAN, ELIZA and JULIET CRESPO (20's and going on 20...months? years? Both.) Evan found a job (medical sales) in Utah that is so much more fun than the one he had in Memphis! They moved, found Eliza a job (trust and estate law) and sold the house in record time with help from so many good people. Juliet has us all wrapped around her finger and can get most of us to do her bidding with her newfound English skills and big brown eyes.

WILLA (21) is studying photography at BYU, living a block away from Kellers and a couple miles from the Crespos. She has an unfair advantage in her quest for the Favorite Aunt title, and is totally winning. Her dream is to get an MFA in photography. We think she is awesome. You can check out some of her latest work here or at willawimmer.com

WYATT (20) is taking two gap years from studying math at BYU to serve a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He started training online in October, and then went to Provo for language training for a month and is now in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area working almost exclusively with Haitian immigrants. He is doing great! He has a schedule and a purpose and is thriving. And all that sunshine doesn't hurt either.

GRIFFIN (9) feels like I taught him everything he is supposed to be learning in third grade when we homeschooled last year. So it's easy. He is playing flag football and basketball, mostly to hang out with friends. His violin skills are coming along and he is becoming an avid anime fan.

EVE (also 9) is delighted to be at a school just FULL of friends and potential friends this year! Home had so many fewer possibilities in that realm. Girl Scouts, piano and church activities may not be enough to make this energizer bunny tired enough to sleep at night. Soccer and aerial silks helped but she is taking a break from them right now.

Our best things from 2021 were when we were together: a surprise birthday party for Heather, a dreamy anniversary trip to Italy and a week of Thanksgiving with everyone except Wyatt, who is on the Lord's errand. Our challenges are still there too. We have faith we will make it and learn what we should from them because of the goodness of God and help and healing from his son Jesus Christ. We are trying to remember the angel's message to the Shepherds as we celebrate his birth. Fear not! Peace on earth, and goodwill to all mankind! 

We especially have goodwill to YOU because we have seen your goodness in our lives. Thanks for being our friend!

I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here.

Comments

  1. Beautiful summary of a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing. I haven’t received a Christmas card yet and am hopeful I made the cut! 😉♥️💚

    Angi W. Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ability to write word pictures! One of the special things about Christmas is how our thoughts are on our families. This post had me seeing each individual as you described them..thank you bunches for the fun trip! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Momw. You really have a way with words. What a great card and I love your family picture this year with everyone there. You are the star IMHO. I want to be just like you in three years...that really puts a lot on my plate to accomplish. It might take longer than that. Your report on everyone is so great. I was feeling snarky and not so upbeat when I wrote our card, so I ended up not really doing many words. You'll see soon. I miss you. Let's plan a get together online for Christmas or SOMETHING because I need to talk to your face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment