3. On Wednesday we were going to chip the stick pile but our chipper stopped and we decided to just SELL it! What a gift! Someone named Ranjit came and paid us a little to take it away today.
| Also our Christmas cactus is blooming! |
4. On Thursday Eve got a thank you note from our mailman because she made him cookies because he is working so hard right now. I love everything about this.
6. On Saturday I worked. I took Eve with me to an event I was covering for The Telegraph. We had so much fun interviewing people and seeing what went on with the Christmas Because We Care Event! And that night we went to my work party, which felt sneaky and fun and delightful. We brought home an excellent Kansas City puzzle and a gift card to Strips Chicken. Lol!
| This is Sharece, mother of 12, in line to pick up gifts for her kids. |
| This is Santa in blue, honoring police chaplains. He was a volunteer from International House of Prayer |
| This is part of the mile long line to get presents for kids. |
| This is the toys separated by age and volunteers ready to dash them out to the cars. |
| In red is my friend Julie who gave way too much of herself for this event. |
8. And then today plenty of people kindly gushed about my talk. Kind words are one of my very favorite gifts of all. Griff knows this about me and lavishes them on me when he isn't hungry.
There were dark spots too, but the light and the gifts really help you focus on seeing what is really important instead of the storm. I said this in my talk, but I wanted to reiterate here how thankful I am for parents who taught me from birth to seek for the light. I remember singing this song with them in sacrament meeting when I was tiny in Boulder City, Nevada:
Teach me to walk in the light of His love,
Teach me to pray to my Father above.
Teach me to know of the things that are right.
Teach me, teach me, to walk in the the light.
Thanks for teaching me, Dad and Mom. You are gifts to me. I love you!
Great gifts! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us too! The picture of your Utah loved-ones is so great! I just wish I were there. The monster was so great. I especially liked that the special thing about Joshie was that he was single :) So cute. Eve is her own little gift all tied up in sweetness and fun. What a lucky mailman to deliver to your house. I loved starting my day by seeing you shine in sacrament meeting. Another great gift for me <3
ReplyDeleteHeather, first I am so glad for your doctors smile after your surgery..if we can’t have perfect results from surgery we’ll take next ,,best!,M,Li is a sweetheart for sure! Eve is a doll for remembering the postman and life is good💞 xo-momw
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you didn’t tell us which twin made it the creature featured in the picture. I couldn’t make an educated guess it till the last fact about it. Mentioning that is single is definitely an Eve type thing to do. Am I right? I’m so glad your procedure went as well as everybody hoped, and I’m so glad that Alan was there for you. Sometimes I just love to marinate in the goodness of your blog. Congratulations on everything good!
ReplyDeleteI am secretly thrilled – who am I joking here – I’m openly thrilled when anybody features my daughter in one of the pictures. I’m so so so so so happy about that!
Ah, Paige! The handwriting should have given it away. It's Griffin's monster that is looking for love.
ReplyDeleteI’m glad your vein surgery went well Heather. 💛
ReplyDeleteAnd sure wish I had been in your ward on Sunday!
Merry Christmas to your sweet family! 🎄
Angi W. Larsen