Here is what I wrote on several days of my gratitude list this week:
1. Friends who reach out to me. Karin Thomas invited me to go on a walk with her. We met at Meadowbrook and shared what is happening in our lives and got updates on each others' kids (Claire has a boyfriend!) as we walked around the trails and Griff and Eve played on the playground. Then they joined us and tried to be patient with our conversation, and Karin was excellent about listening to them too.
2. Warmer weather and more light.
3. Inspiration about what I should eat.
4. Eliza, Juliet and FaceTime.
5. A flexible schedule and a morning of self care.
6. Griffin's newfound ability to check out audiobooks on his own, biking alone to the library like Wyatt used to.
7. The goodness of God.
8. PERFECT weather for soccer games.
9. Good, good people who do things for my kids that I can't do. Like coaching soccer and organizing soccer teams. Like running Pinewood Derbys and making fabulous spreadsheets that instantly display data from each race. Like teaching Ninja classes and aerial classes. Like babysitting so I can go on dates.
10. Peonies!
11. Alan's job. It turns out he thinks maybe NFL quarterback would be better, but this one is a close second.
12. Alan still likes me. And I'm kind of a mess right now, so this is a blessing and a relief. We had a fun date to the Rivermarket where we had delicious Poke bowls, walked by the river as the sun was setting, and got an almond joy waffle slider from the guy who used to own Beignet before he had to close it from the pandemic.
| My baby sloths on an exercise walk at Franklin Park |
| Eve, beautiful in life as in death. |
| Days with friends are her best days ever. |
| Did I mention the azaleas are blooming?!! They remind me of North Carolina. |
| Griff got a new haircut and likes to blow dry it and slick it back. |
| Who knows what these are next to the tired daffodils? They last less than a week. |
| A comforting message from a girl I suspected was naked in her bed. |
| This class made her eyes light up in a big way! |
Here is a link to a video of Griffin's first day of Ninja class.
| I have some kids I thought might be interested in this place. |
| Owen turned two! |
| Juliet is warming back up to Frank. Maybe there is hope for the rest of us! |
And Buddy eating oranges. Cutest dude ever!
Your caption for Eve on the trampoline was wonderful! She is so much fun. How great that you have her in acrobat classes! Griffin is the cutest cub scout ever. I love the Pinewood Derby! A gratitude list is such a worthy thing to keep. I should definitely do that.
ReplyDeleteGratitude lists are so great! I am glad to know you keep one too! I love your list so much, friends, family, light, God, good people who help life be better, and a good spouse are all so so good. Eve on the trampoline reminds me of Anne of Green Gables in the sinking boat. So pretty and fun. Also I keep kicking myself for letting Ruth go to school when you visited. Our eight year olds are so similar.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get feel like less of a mess. You are doing so much good. Lots of love to you.
Your caption for Eve's death photo was a crack up.
ReplyDeleteI just found out that long run on sentences would be the way to go so that I don't lose blog comments and get mad so the long come it for you is I love everything about this post that even more I love the fact that you called me when it was the beginning with your day in the middle of mine and I think you're beautiful and funny and a total treat to talk to and thank you thank you thank you because you're wonderful
ReplyDeleteI love all the things you do! I'm blown away by how busy you are and how much you get done. Griffin and Eve are the funniest, and I am glad they have found things they really like to do. Guess we will have to come to KC and try the new soda place!! Go first and try a couple for me so I'll know what's good!
ReplyDelete