It's A New Dawn It's A New Day

It's no longer 2020! 2020 was hard in many ways, but the things that happened in the last year taught us a lot and blessed us in many unexpected ways.  We are still happy for a new year and a new chance to get things right again.  And I'm feeling good. Happy New Year!

This week I have been trying to record golden moments.  Let me tell you, golden moments are much easier to find on vacation.  We have been having a pretty good time.  Here are some fun things:

Our cats are having fun playing at home. It snowed there, so Fenty is in heaven.  Good neighbors who take care of them and play with them while we are gone are such a wonderful blessing.



ALL of us (who claim Kansas as their home address) went skiing together. I was so proud of Willa. She hasn't even felt well enough to try skiing for five years, and every time I saw her it looked like she was doing great. She told me she was falling down pretty much every time I didn't look--and that she had forgotten how much WORK skiing is! 

I'm pretty bad at taking beautiful pictures of skiing. The lunch shot in the car was the only one I got.

We had our traditional finger food feast on New Year's Eve. We thought it might be a bit scaled back this year.


But it turns out it wasn't. And then we topped that with watching Soul, which was so much fun!



This is a sobering final pic of Terminal 2 at SLC, which I took to show my dad, because he used to work there. I was there to pick up Alan from the new terminal.

Willa planned great things for us to do. Italian cream sodas and watching Enola Holmes.


Thank you Grandma Wimmer, for the light blue shimmery body spray, plus many other fun items from Claire's. Eve can spend eternities looking at accessories, which is probably the best part of the gift.


Just some of my scripture notes from last week. Alan and I had the same insights separately, which was really cool. He was in Kansas and I was in California I think when I wrote this.


Several golden moments I didn't get pictures of: dancing with Evie in the pool, hearing Griff and Eve running in the halls of Terrace Falls towards us in the exercise room, playing +9 bingo with Griff, Eve and Willa, hearing Wyatt laugh, listening to his top This American Life stories in the car, long hugs with Willa every day, being reunited with my true love and having a Red Iguana/The Right Stuff date on our balcony.  I'll leave you just a few other fun things.

It's so hard to post just one picture when I force Willa and Wyatt to take a picture with me. So I won't.














 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad I zoomed in to verify that Wyatt has a moustache. While I was zoomed in I got the full view that neither one was kissing your cheek your expression is perfect. Expecting little but glad they're both there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you give us more than one picture with your Ws. They are so much fun.

    Was that Alan in the last video???

    Snacky New Year's celebrations are the best! And Eve's body spray is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for 2020 and yeah for 2021! Each year definitely brings its own fun experiences. You are doing so much good and fun! I love your finger food New Years Eve. It seems like a really good way to do food that night!
    Your skiing sounds fun and I can relate to Willa. Skiing is so much work. Eve sounds so similar to Ruth. Accessories and blue shimmer spray would be totally up her alley.
    Your middles are so fun! I am so glad you are getting time with them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment