-A birthday for my last two miracle babies. We can't even believe they are already old enough to be baptized!
| We started the day with happy pancakes |
| And had some hot chocolate too. |
| We had a fun day, but didn't truly party until Alan got home that night. |
| So many generous gifts! Their siblings REALLY know them! |
| The new Lego sets lived in the kitchen for several days. |
-The beautiful pool! Swimming (or rather prancing and running and whatever it is I do in the water) is one of the only ways I can exercise these days, and I am so very thankful to have found a beautiful, never crowded place to do it.
| I get to spend my days with people who are awesome. And they think I'm pretty awesome. |
-Alan Wimmer
-Beautiful, smart, good children and also the people who hosted most of them for Thanksgiving.
-Juliet and Buddy!
-The gospel of peace. I sometimes give into my fears and insecurities and forget that this gospel is about peace and joy. When I'm not feeling that I'm doing it wrong.
-Iterations and repentance
-Jesus Christ
-Roots and branches. I came from a heritage of excellent parents and grandparents and pioneer ancestors. And I married into one of the best families ever! And I am seeing the wonderful people my children are bringing into our family and I adore all of them. Even the little guy I haven't met yet, which is wondrous and gives me such a thrill!
-The gift of the Holy Ghost.
-Children who are choosing to let God prevail in their lives.
-The Book of Mormon.
-Really, really good parents. And Marj, who is so loving and good to my dad and to us.
-The Wimmers. Just all of them. They are wonderful.
-Flushing toilets. I don't want to imagine life without them!
-My veins are feeling mostly tolerable right now. I am so thankful for that!
I keep finding myself being more grateful for funny little things after deciding what to post each day and having more of a focus on what I actually feel thankful for in each moment. I love that! It doesn't take away the hard things, which are definitely there--even in this magical week--, but it eases and soothes them and shows me what is most important.
I am grateful for the faith-focused lens through which you see the world. I think I do, but when I read your blog, I am lifted to a new height of faith and gratitude. I’m grateful that your veins aren’t hurting too much right now. -Jill W.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful list of the things you are thankful for! Don’t we all need to seriously think about just that!? Instead of thinking of things that aren’t exactly the way we want them to be... if I was able to change 2020 ! Our calendars are soon to move us from 2020 and I plan on a good 2021.. we will have a time of our world resting from all that has happened and then we’ll get a chance to improve on the past year..hopefully💞 xo momw
ReplyDeleteOh, your sunrises are glorious with those clouds! Good idea to try to see lots of them. Your gratitude journal is full of wonderful things. Makes me grateful for them too!
ReplyDeleteThat sunrise! You have such good things in your life. I am so glad you have a place to swim and your veins are being somewhat cooperative. It’s amazing your miracle babies are eight. How time does speedily move along. Thanks for sharing your blessings. Like Kirsta, it helps me be great fun for them and see mine better.
ReplyDeleteI loved every word of this Heather. And I needed every word. It’s the end of one of those harder days and this made me want to wake up and watch the sunrise!
ReplyDeleteAngi W. Larsen
Beautiful, mom! I agree sunrise is the best time of day. When I go to sleep early enough to tolerate being awake that early in the morning, I'm so productive and happy. I like all the things you're grateful for, and they make me think how grateful I am for those same things. Like time, even when it feels like there's never enough and it's slipping through my fingers. Looks like Griffin and Eve are going through a weird-faces-in-photos phase, which makes me enjoy the more candid ones even more. Your sky looks like cotton candy!
ReplyDeleteYour sunrise is glorious! Also, I deeply wish to come spend time in that pool with you.
ReplyDelete