On Friday President Nelson gave the whole world a prescription for feeling better: give thanks. He asked us to use social media as our personal gratitude journal and to offer a prayer of thanks. I have done both and watched my feeds exploding with friends who are doing the same. It makes everything SO MUCH BETTER! You start to see how everything is a blessing:
Kitties I didn't ask for who love us and crack us up.
Neighbors who arrange amazing service projects.
Scriptures and the reading glasses that make seeing them possible these days.
A church to attend and a body that is healthy enough to help clean it, and people who organize the cleaning.
A warm day, a walk, an old friend (Miss Rachel, from my Joints in Motion class) and a dog who saved Griffin's day.
Friends. Fruit. A feast with both.
Evie's room is starting to come together!
This glorious part and time of the world I get to live in.
A tour of the dairy. A chance to finish listening to the Alvin Ho books as we traveled and a chance to tell Evie and Griff about how her grandparents grew up.
Just kidding. These are fangs made out of gum.
A happy and healthy Juliet and Eliza.
A costume closet and goofy kids.
Oh these are all such wonderful things to be grateful for. In fact, I'm grateful that you have them too. Life is abundant if we look for it!! The dog looked like it saved Evie's day more than Griffin's! And your Juliet is the cat's meow. I can't get enough of those darling pictures of her.
ReplyDeleteHeather, I really enjoyed seeing what is going on in your busy, busy life! I agree how special your little granddaughter is! She looks like she has been living with love! Busy, wonderful days of your life...thank you for sharing them xo momw
ReplyDeleteI'm also grateful for all the things you're grateful for! And you're right, life seems so much better when you intentionally think more about the things that are good than the things that are hard. Especially at a time in the world where most people have more hard things now than they did a year ago, President Nelson is just right.
ReplyDelete