My favorite thing all week was Griffin and Eve's baptism. We had 12 people there, all in masks at the church because of the pandemic. And then we had a big group who joined us via a Zoom conference call. It was so wonderful--it felt like we had angelic visitors! It was truly a happy, wonderful blessing of having a baptism during a pandemic.
Rose Smith, Naima's mom, gave the opening prayer. I gave a talk. Alan baptized first Naima, then Eve, and then Griff. Their friend Addie helped witness. They changed into dry clothes during a piano interlude by Claire Ford, and then Alan confirmed them in the same order, with the help of his counselor, Dave Frandsen, our ministering brother who also conducted. Rose's spiritual mom, Gwendolyn Dice, gave the closing prayer. Then we un-set up the baptismal area, locked the door to the church and went home very happily. It was a great night. I was still smiling about it as I pulled the dry white clothes out of the dryer this morning to bring back to the church.
I asked if I could interview Griff about his baptism:
Tell me everything you remember about it:
-I forgot to say, "Time to get dunked!" under my breath, or rather, I didn't.
-It was so cozy after!
-When Sister Ford said, "They just got baptized! Of course they are a little giddy!"
-Hands were on my head.
-It was the best (and warmest!) time I have ever been in water, which is hard to get.
-I have been waiting all these years!
-I felt like I hadn't lived yet until I put on that jumpsuit!
Do you remember my talk? Yes
What did I say? That pretty much the Holy Ghost is the best gift you can get.
When Sister Ford said, "They just got baptized! Of course they are a little giddy!"
Here is Eve's interview:
Tell me what we did to get ready for the baptism:
Well, I got in a jumpsuit that made me very pumped up. Then you said to calm down and read a book, and then Naima came. Then Grandma popped up on the screen! And then Eliza did and other people. Then we got baptized. Then Sister Ford played a song. And then we got confirmed.
Do remember anything Dad said when he confirmed you?
To continue asking questions and getting answers for them.
How did you feel after you were baptized?
Wet! I felt wet and my hair was crusty and curly. And really happy and great.
I am so sad I missed this. I didn't get home in time to be there ☹. I love the pictures and am so proud of Eve and Griff!
ReplyDeleteHeather, I loved being able “to be there!” When I ever get frustrated with what I can’t do technology wise I will remember what a blessing it is for those times “we can’t physically be some place!” Little Juliet’s blessing and now our baptisms! I just love all you guys and love the look you give me into what is going on in your lives! Xo momw
ReplyDeleteWe watched this baptism and confirmation in Logandale. Thank you for
ReplyDeleteletting us
attend through Zoom. This is a favorite thing for us too!
Thank you for the pictures included in this message. You are all
precious. We joined during your talk.
Love from Dad N and Marj.
Those kids are so big and such a big event. It was so great to be able to be apart of it in a this way. Thank you for sharing! The pictures of E and G in their nice clothes are so great. So much love to all of you!
ReplyDeleteYou did give a great talk on the Holy Ghost and it was so neat to be one of the angelic witnesses. Thank you for inviting us to share in this sweetness. 😘
ReplyDeleteAngi W. Larsen
The glistening happiness really shows through here! What joy!
ReplyDeleteI tried to wake up and sign into your Zoom meeting at 2am. It was 3:50 when I actually got up. Shucks.
That last photo is a great punchline.
So glad we got to attend this event virtually! A very cool thing to be able to watch.
ReplyDelete