This morning in our first Zoom Sunday School (taught by Shelley Beatty. Isn't that the best?!) we were talking about the story of the Jaredites in The Book of Mormon. They had three problems after building the barges the Lord instructed them to build, and the Lord answered their prayers about each problem in very different ways. When they were worried about having no air in their ships which were "tight like unto a dish", the Lord gave them very specific instructions on what to do. When they were worried about how they would steer, the Lord told them basically, "It will be fine. I will take care of steering. Don't worry about it." And when they were worried about how they would see, the Lord asked them to consider how they would like to solve that problem and how they would like the Lord to prepare them. I felt inspired to share a time when I had a prayer answered in the second way--when the Lord said, "It will be fine."
When I was pregnant with Griffin and Eve, one night in the middle of the night, I woke up in a panic and couldn't sleep because I realized I would have to nurse twins again. I had done that before, so I knew it was one of the hardest things I had done in my life. I prayed about it, and the answer was, "It will be fine." So I went back to sleep. When Griff and Evie were born, I tried nursing them, but like before, and like for the Jaredites crossing the sea, it was a rough ride. I just don't make much milk. Evie was hungry and took to gnawing on me so I was just hurting every time I nursed, and I found out they were losing weight when we had their weight checked at 11 days. I think that very day, one of my sisters in the ward I ministered to texted me to see if I wanted any extra milk because she just had a baby and her milk came in and she had so much she didn't know what to do with it. And the next day, I was talking to another friend who had a baby and told her I wasn't making much milk and she stopped mid-sentence and went into her house and came out with a grocery bag of frozen bags of breast milk and gave it to me. For three months, my babies had only breast milk, and most of it wasn't from me, and I also hardly ever nursed them because it hurt so much and seemed so useless. It was a rough ride, but it was fine. The Lord provided for us in ways I couldn't have foreseen.
This week, I was talking to Eliza after she had called my friend Carrie who is an attorney. She told me that Carrie had given her advice that felt just right for her about her career in law. One of the things she said really stuck with me. She told Eliza that it seemed like so far in her (Eliza's) life the right opportunities had appeared when she needed them, and that she (Carrie) didn't think that was about to stop. It felt like the perfect words for the perfect time. It will be fine. It felt like the words to a hymn I love. It felt like the words I needed right now too.
Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
I was going to post just 5 pictures from this week, because it felt like nothing happened except for a bunch of struggling trying to get through our regular life, but it ended up being a lot more than 5.
 |
This was Eve's writing assignment on Monday. It was based on a video we watched that Willa showed us when she was doing competitive speaking in high school. It is awesome. Also, this one is written to Mariah. We love her cats and we can't wait to meet her baby! Especially Eve. Cats and babies are her favorite.
|
 |
Evie pretending to be injured/dead.
|
 |
Juliet tried food this week and after an equivocal start, decided she really liked it. I especially liked this picture because of how it shows what a really excellent dad she has.
|
 |
This is the touch-free check in screen we used at the follow up for Evie's arm. She is gaining mobility and doesn't even need physical therapy. We were so thrilled!
|
 |
Ten points to any of my kids that can place this photo. I have a similar picture of Mariah and Eliza near this age sharing their Grandpa Wimmer's coat.
|
 |
Drapes for my bedroom got hung this week!
|
 |
A perfect fall walk/run to the library.
|
 |
That leaf really is as big as it looks. It was crazy!
|
 |
One of Griffin's writing assignments this week: a family tree complete with the Wimmer crest and our family's motto. Eve wanted to do one with all her cousins, so it is taking much longer.
|
 |
I talked to Paige in Italy while we were bagging leaves. These were the 9 bags we got from around the planters. The picture below shows a pile we didn't get by the pond. It is full of wet, mashed down leaves and is probably about 3 feet wide by 12 feet long by 2 feet deep.
|
Last night we watched The Greatest Showman together. Here is the scene afterwards.
 |
Griff started to dress for a performance.
|
 |
and then elaborated!
|
 |
UV leaning into the love.
|
 |
Eve dressed as Ann Williams--the trapeze artist played by Zendaya.
|
Also, Wyatt is in quarantine at our condo because he has a roommate who tested positive for COVID and a sore throat. He will be tested tomorrow.
That's all, y'all! Be still.
I loved reading what you shared and knowing we are learning about the same things in Ether. It’s it nice there are so many ways to get direction and answers. I really like your kids writing assignments and the excitement for the new baby! That leaf is amazing. I am so glad you got to talk today Paige! Your dressing up kids are so fun! The picture of both of them in the coat reminds me of what Daryl and his cousin Mason doing something similar.
ReplyDeleteI feel for Wyatt and hope his test comes back negative, but COVID is definitely raging in Utah right now.
It seems like the first “twins in a coat” was at the Balloon Festival in New Mexico.. Was it?” And
ReplyDeleteThe HUGEleaf I cant believe it 😳 and Griffin dressed up in a hat ..and cute little Erie dead with her tongue out😥 Heather, you add color to my life!🥰xo momw
Alan has such a look of delight about that kitty and also that enormous leaf. Sweet. Evie's note was precious. She already got the cat. Mariah may have to watch out since her baby has now been claimed even before being born. The story of finding excellent nutrition for your twins because Heavenly Father made it happen was just right for me today. The fact that he reassured you in advance was so touching. Makes me remember similar moments very recently.
ReplyDeleteDon't doubt us, mom -- it's Dr. Deay's office! Although our volume of leaves to clean is probably greater than yours, I've concluded your leaf situation is worse for three reasons: Your leaves seem wetter, your yard is more complicated, and if I were there I'd have to participate in cleaning them up (whereas here I only observe). I like Griffin's and Eve's writing assignments a lot. And their costume choices were super predictable, love it. I can't imagine the terror of nursing twins! Or doing anything with infant twins, really! You're a trooper.
ReplyDeleteOf course Eliza is right. I'm going to Venmo her 10 bucks right now!
ReplyDeleteOh shoot I missed it! I was totally going to guess that it was a pediatrician's office, but then wondered if it was a neighbor's house with them in the neighbor's coat...my mind really took that and ran with it!
ReplyDeleteYour story of those wonderful women in your life who helped you with milk is such a tender story. It often seems that things that are a very big deal to me, just aren't to the right people who help me. That's why we are given each other. Everyone has different hard stuff.
Also, the right words at the right time made me think of very simple things said to me that made a big difference to me and how I need to repent of making fun of someone for sharing something simple that was said to her that made her life better....ooof. I guess I'm still learning how to be lovely. That's going to take a whole lifetime!
You're good and smart and the things you say make me think. Also, you kids are an absolute delight! Thank you for always sharing them!