A Little Fall of Rain

This was a week that really felt like fall. The temperatures dropped precipitously. I nearly got hypothermia from swimming in an outdoor pool for too long!


Fall things:

1. The Chiefs played their first Monday game this season.
2. Eve had a bad fall from the bars at gymnastics that resulted in a supracondylar fracture of her humerus.
3. Griff had a tooth extracted.
4. I had the first CT scan of my life. 
5. We had cider and donuts.

We count it as joy that:

1. The Chiefs won!
2. If you're going to break an arm, we did it in the best way. Non-dominant arm and a break that will heal in 3-4 weeks instead of 6-8.
3. The tooth extraction turned out to be easy and definitely needful.
4. I didn't faint and my doctor is fighting to help me.
5. We had excellent treats for General Conference, which was just the dose of peace and joy and encouragement that we needed!




Must be getting close to Wyatt's birthday.

Having your tooth taken out isn't so bad if you have laughing gas.

Stickers on the new sling!

Home from the ER at half past midnight.



Once she got some pain medication, she thought it was a fun adventure.


Pastor Deshon Edwards speaking about making good relationships with law enforcement

Wearing the red we had. Both from Utah. Griff's jersey is from Logan High circa 1986.

A socially distant faith rally addressing racism and police brutality.

Wild and Free. Pants optional when you find your boots are NOT waterproof!

A few brave souls gathered in a parking lot before the Chief's game.

 

Comments

  1. Poor little Evie! The strained look on her face gave me a mom-style pang (our Mom.) I'm sure glad she's resilient. The doctor advocating for you also give me some cautious mom-style hope (also our Mom.) I sure do love you people. I'm so impressed you do the inter-faith events. You're good good gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so full of real life. I loved it. Everything from The Chiefs' win to Evie's adventures in supracondylar fractures (poor thing!) I was glad to hear more of the story and that the break wasn't as bad as it could have been. Poor Griffin with that huge root! Was this his first experience with laughing gas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great perspective you have! Bad and good all from the same things. It’s a good way to take what comes at you in life. The tooth root is impressive. I hope the healing process goes quickly for Evie. I hope your doctor keeps fighting for you till the desired outcome has been achieved. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment