With Softer Gleam

Here are the updates listed in order of the goals we are going to start looking at again. Like any minute now.

Physical: I am still enjoying the plant based food I am making and eating--a whole lot! I think it makes me especially grateful for food and plants and my body. I really notice the congestion in my head, throat and sinuses when I slip and eat a little bit of dairy, which is so very disappointing, but also good to know. And I wondered about eating some of the steaks I'm going to serve to outdoor and socially distanced dinner guests tonight, but I think I'm not going to do it because I want to keep going for the whole three months.  I want to know exactly how it is when I'm doing the best I can, not when I'm cheating on purpose here and there. Also, I am struggling with the pelvic congestion syndrome and random hip pain.

Mental: I am reading The Goldfinch at Eliza's recommendation. I'm not even that far into it and also recommend it. We are really enjoying our homeschool. We especially love field trips and The Story of The World.

Social: We are still meeting friends socially distanced at parks, and it helps us feel like the world is a good place.  I also get to connect with some of my best friends from Michigan and Texas virtually and it does such very good things for my heart!

Spiritual: We are still loving Come Follow Me and I listened to a really thoughtful and awesome podcast that I want to discuss with more people!  Here is a link: https://leadingsaints.org/bearded-bishops-rated-r-movies-the-honor-code-an-interview-with-john-hilton-iii/


A baguette mustache

Cuddling the carrots

The moon over Franklin Park at sunrise.

Griff and Nathan on our field trip being a two headed clown.


More bread disguises. Plant based naan as a mask.

Our archaeology dig with Amanda and Sam

Claire and Owen at Franklin

Fenty with earrings

Awesome vegan tostadas

Friday field trip groups. (The masks were just off for a second!)

The Friday picture objector

Kate and Linda Yarlagada at Meadowbrook

Natalie and Kate. During the rain a water line broke and made a fabulous river on the sidewalk for kids to play in.



Rowing their boat



 

Comments

  1. I love it! So funny to see how all your pictures now are just Griffin and Eve. I remember us talking about how weird it was going to be when all the big kids were gone and it was just the little ones left at home. Think you'd just be so bored and lonely without them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great goals! I am so happy things are going well, except for the pelvic floor and hip stuff. That’s no fun. Probably a dumb question since you seem to have been dealing with it for a long time but have you seen a pelvic floor physical therapists about it?
    I love all your pictures and all the fun and good things you are doing with Evie and Griff. What a blessing you are to them and they are to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:51 AM

    What a fun peek into “the littles lives” Scotty to find you have to battle allergies. Seeing your post reminded me how much I enjoyed being able to be at little Juliets blessing! I am so grateful for the technology that makes it possible . This morning we had our first Stake Conference since the Pandemic became a part of our life..on line, streamed on line. Music from the Tab Choir was a bit more than our usual Stake members, adult or child.. and Speakers Brother Cook and his wife ( former Logan residents) all in all a good experience. Even though learning new things is quite difficult at my age, I’m always glad I’ve made the effort because of the great reward it is xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment