As I was considering what to write, this week didn't seem so notable. So I asked myself how I could tell God loves me this week as I looked back at my schedule and this funny song from the movie Enchanted came to mind:
How do I know he loves me?
How do I know he's mine?
Well, does he leave a little note to tell you
You are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is gray?
Hey
You are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is gray?
Hey
He'll find a new way to show you
A little bit everyday
That's how you know
That's how you know he is your love
A little bit everyday
That's how you know
That's how you know he is your love
So here are the little things I noticed this week, my yellow flowers when the sky was gray:
-the Fords came home from vacation and we got to play with them in perfect weather at two different parks.
-I get to serve a sister I minister to by having her super fun daughter help us do yard work and go to soccer games with us. My kids are happier and better when she is around for those activities. It's pretty much the classic win/win scenario.
-Clothes shopping with my true love followed by a really great vegetarian Indian dinner for two.
-Two sunrises in a chilly pool with fabulous music.
-Beautiful, beautiful weather all week.
-Beautiful, fun, smart, good children who all talked to me.
-Fun identical twin things during the week of Mariah and Eliza's birthday: I met a mom who brought her blond, fine-featured mirror identical boys to a park birthday party we went to. She was really fun to talk to! And one morning at the pool I saw two men sharing a lane who didn't have to. As I was leaving they had stopped at the end of the lane together and I saw they were two bearded, long, thin, very identical twin brothers who were probably in their early thirties. It was so much fun!
-New insights into the scriptures I hadn't had as I was reading 3 Nephi. And I have read those chapters a LOT before!
| Medicine bags made in art class |
| We cut about 8 inches off of Evie's hair. |
| I was taking a rest and this cat showed up just inches from my face. |
I think your kitty likes you!�� what fun pics of the littles...a look into their lives...and I’m so glad you and my son love each other..then I get to have you in my life�� I see things so similar with your older four grown up and a new different life that you two have with the littles...both lives good..just different. Life is good! XO momw
ReplyDeleteCats who decide you need love at random moments are one of the strange secrets of the universe. I love Evie's glee about her haircut. Griffin is always 100% on the emotions when you get a photo -- 100% committed, or 100% blue. He's so cute. Maybe I'll call to get the new insights on the scriptures.
ReplyDelete