This weekend we went to Memphis for the blessing of the sweet Juliet Mariah Crespo, and it felt like heaven was touching earth. As I held two phones to allow distant great grandparents to be present as Evan blessed Juliet, I felt the presence of many more grandparents who were usually distant and thought of this amazing painting by Brian Kershisnik. Of course there would be so many people interested in such a sacred celebration and ordinance!
The rest of the things we did felt kind of heavenly and dreamy too. It was wonderful.
 |
Juliet's cousin Rory didn't know what to do with me. She at first thought I was a witch because of that bump on my chin. Witches have that. And she wondered why I had silver hair. And she asked Eve why her mom was so wrinkly. It was pretty much hilarious. And the tiniest bit disappointing. We were there straddling worlds though. We were there being grandparents to this sweet baby and also parents to pretty young kids. We were there relating in big ways to Rory's grandparents AND her parents. No wonder she was confused.
|
 |
There were many more glamorous pictures of Eliza, but I just thought they were so beautiful when they came downstairs together I didn't even really wait till they were ready to pose.
|
 |
| We did a screen shot of Great Grandma Wimmer, but forgot to do one of Grandpa Fred. |
 |
Juliet is Lowell Budge's 57th great grandchild. And my dad's first.
|
 |
"Griff, do you want me to hold you like a baby? I'm pretty good at it now."--Eliza
|
 |
Eve and Rory got along like peas and carrots.
|
Thanks so much to Frank and Shelly Crespo for being such awesome hosts and sponsoring all the fun!
I'm so glad you came! And glad you documented it, especially Rory's funny comments.
ReplyDeleteWhat a very sweet and tender time! Juliet is such a beauty, just like her mother and Grandmothers Wimmer. Seeing pictures of Alan with his grandbaby was really tender too. What a delightful way to spend a weekend. This warms my heart and breaks it all at the same time for so many different reasons.
ReplyDeleteLove you so much, sissie.
Being able to be a part of this so special event was wonderful! As I was thinking back to my worry about being able to participate, I decided I was going to stop worrying when faced with new things tech wise!! Wish me luck on being able to do it. Every once in a while...when I find myself worrying needlessly about some “new” to learn...I decide to stop worrying but find the decision to do so isn’t always successful..then I wish it were different...like ten years ago..and always I am so grateful for the patience of those around me. When I ask the Larsen kids for tech help, they are masters at not showing surprise at a dumb question..and just help me..as you do as well..thank you xo momw
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful photos with your grand grand glorious and good girl Juliet! Alan looks exceedingly content.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! I love these pictures so much. Paige put it perfectly when she said, “Allen looks exceeding content.” Juliet looks like him in the pool swimming picture. How cool is tech it that you could include great grandparents as well. I love that you documented the funny situation you were in too by being parents of littles while being grandparents too. You guys are so great!
ReplyDelete