Granny Power!

I got such a great box from KJ this week. It was a box full of grandma goodies because I am a granny now. There were pictures she drew of all the kinds of grannies: fancy granny, young bob granny, ponytail granny, etc. It was hilarious!  Then there were all the things that my mom had at her house when she was being a grandma: M&Ms, cinnamon bears, tiny measuring tape, laser light, fruit snacks, mixed nuts and of course granny glasses. It made me tear up a little. I love it that I get to channel my inner Patty and JoAnn. And I love it that I get to be called Grandma Wimmer. Even better, my granddaughter ARRIVED IN KANSAS late Tuesday night!  She is the best thing ever.

Eliza and Evan survived the hardest day of their entire lives getting here. The main problem was that they both started terribly sleep deprived, and were then buffeted by government offices and licenses, diaper rash, fussiness, many many stops, and car troubles. Twelve hours later they made it to our house looking like the walking dead. I took their baby and told them to go to sleep. The next day they were still tired and not even sure it was worth it to come. But we loved every second of having them here.

We didn't even do anything special besides watch Hamilton and some illegal driveway fireworks with the neighbors.  Willa said we just vibed. It was awesome.








Part of the Independence Day festivities was a drive-through Village Fest and then running around at the skate park.





We cut Griff's hair and used the trimmings to make Hobbit feet. He and I are slowly reading The Hobbit together.

These adorable feet are often with wide stretched toes, ready for flip flops. Eliza obliged her.





Staying dry around pools it turns out is NOT a granny power. I accidentally fell in the neighbor's blow up pool. 





 Now we think we will rest!



Comments

  1. These pictures of your family with Juliet are wonderful!! I loved each one. So sorry that it was such a bummer of a trip for Eliza and Evan. Sounds like you helped them get some sleep at least! So glad you got the package. I have been thinking about Mom so much since Juliet was born and how much she would have loved to be the Great Grandmama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom says:Wyatt is such a wonderful uncle! He stole the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment