1. Up To Date in Kansas City
Monday morning I hopped in my car and headed southeast towards Memphis, Eliza, Evan and Juliet. Willa was in charge here at home and things went GREAT all week. (She alternated days with Wyatt babysitting). The best parts were swimming a ton, Dad and Willa going on a bunch of walks, and online BYU summer school starting, according to Willa. It was pretty good. I thought the best parts seemed like Griffin and Eve starting masked tutoring with Phoebe (our adorable neighbor across the street), hearing what great things happened with other people in charge of the food (Willa is a GREAT grocery shopper and Wyatt is EXCELLENT at doubling recipes), and finding everyone doing just fine and the house in good working order when I got home. All of these things feel like super great blessings.
Meanwhile...
2. Walking in Memphis
Eliza and I just played babies all week together. It was the best! She and Evan are attentive, exhausted, careful, wonderful parents. Frank and Shelly are just excellent grandparents. I love to watch their faces when they hold Juliet. Everything softens when you are holding a sweet new baby. I also loved swimming in the neighbor's pool, venturing out to Target together, my private little middle-of-the-night feedings with Juliet, walks in the neighborhood, and getting pedicures with Eliza.
Then I drove home. Here is a link to the best podcast I listened to, and here is a picture of the article that I wrote that was published while I was gone.
Monday morning I hopped in my car and headed southeast towards Memphis, Eliza, Evan and Juliet. Willa was in charge here at home and things went GREAT all week. (She alternated days with Wyatt babysitting). The best parts were swimming a ton, Dad and Willa going on a bunch of walks, and online BYU summer school starting, according to Willa. It was pretty good. I thought the best parts seemed like Griffin and Eve starting masked tutoring with Phoebe (our adorable neighbor across the street), hearing what great things happened with other people in charge of the food (Willa is a GREAT grocery shopper and Wyatt is EXCELLENT at doubling recipes), and finding everyone doing just fine and the house in good working order when I got home. All of these things feel like super great blessings.
Meanwhile...
2. Walking in Memphis
Eliza and I just played babies all week together. It was the best! She and Evan are attentive, exhausted, careful, wonderful parents. Frank and Shelly are just excellent grandparents. I love to watch their faces when they hold Juliet. Everything softens when you are holding a sweet new baby. I also loved swimming in the neighbor's pool, venturing out to Target together, my private little middle-of-the-night feedings with Juliet, walks in the neighborhood, and getting pedicures with Eliza.
![]() |
| Eliza said I looked so tan. Imagine that! |
Then I drove home. Here is a link to the best podcast I listened to, and here is a picture of the article that I wrote that was published while I was gone.












Who was that masked bishop in the newspaper? You're the fastest wife in the west sneaking in publicity like that. AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteAlso: your photos of bliss with Juliet need no explanations, but they deserve a lot of gushing in response. Each and every one of you look transported with joy. I just love that. It must be wonderful to have siblings responsible enough to make things work at home. All just perfect, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteNewborn pictures are so peaceful and dear. I'm so happy that you get to be a grandma to this little beauty! Thank you for the glorious pictures. I just can't get enough of them!!
ReplyDeleteYour article was wonderful. You got all relevant facts in , and presented a wide variety of people.
ReplyDelete