It was birthday week! Of course, everyone knows that, right?! I turned 49. It was pretty spectacular, especially in retrospect.
Birthday favorites:
1. Getting out. My dear friend Claire and her kids (who my kids adore and really struggle to keep their distance from) arranged a picnic to celebrate at Loose Park. We went on a family date walking to Corinth Square and ate outside at Spin Pizza the first weekend they were open for socially distant dining. Alan took me to Zocalo on the Plaza, which we can't believe took us this long to discover. It's possibly our favorite Mexican food in Kansas City now. We walked together and saw fun new construction and had a crazy donut/soft serve/chocolate/sprinkles sundae.


2. Doing good stuff. For my actual birthday I had mini dates with each of my kids. I went on a walk with Wyatt and painted nails with Evie. I FaceTimed with Eliza first thing and watched her open baby presents. I went to Town Center with Willa and read The Hobbit with Griff. The last thing before bed I had another FaceTime with Mariah and Mac. The next day I went to High where they did all my favorite songs and had me dance in the middle for a birthday song. We also watched LaLa Land as a family.

3. Presents! My dad texted me the sweetest birthday text AND sent a card. Cards and presents from JoAnn and other friends. Texts and messages and phone calls from sisters and other friends. Kirsta sent flowers! Alan gave me a pretty new phone with facial recognition since my thumbprint is surprisingly unrecognizable. Mariah gave me AWESOME new biker shorts (modeled above) for exercise. Eliza gave me a fun pink tassel and wonderful gold earrings. Willa gave me a totally fun selection of field notebooks. Wyatt MADE DINNER FOR ME FOR A WEEK!!!! I gave myself a great minimalist purse. Griff made me a scepter and a crown, which were probably my favorite gifts of all. They are pictured below. No offense to all the other gifts.
And then we also did other stuff this week. I decided instead of being choosy with my pictures I'd just post a bunch.
 |
| Neighbors put these on their front lawn right by the sidewalk next to a tiny hand sanitizing station. |
 |
| Eve and I helped with a blood drive. |
 |
| We went to the park a LOT |
 |
| I walked in on some strange ritual involving mud, slime and daylillies. |
 |
| ??? |
 |
| The park with Ryne and Denise. |
 |
| The baby bunnies next door. As far as we know the cats haven't found them yet. |
 |
| We decided now would be a good time to celebrate Wyatt's graduation since he picked up his robe and diploma. He didn't wear the three medals that were included in his package--National Merit Scholar, Kansas Governor Scholar and Math Department award. Just the three sets of cords (summa cum laude, NHS and French honor society) |
I love it that Wyatt was choosy about the regalia! Your birthday sounds great and your power pose to go with was perfect! I love it. So glad that there were fun celebrations and gifts. Especially a scepter and crown!! It doesn't get better than that...and this might be the only year you get that. Suck all the marrow out of that! lOve you so much!
ReplyDeleteYes! Your first photo looks absolutely joyous. (the phone's weird suggestion had joyous and horrid as my choices just then - let's hear it for proof reading.) it sounds like a grand week. You're back at exercise classes? Yes? Must be loving that. Cute shorts. Cute you!
ReplyDeleteUm. The mud, slime, and day lillies make an outfit worth remembering.
ReplyDelete