This week I posted ten pictures on Instagram about my life as a mom. I have been doing that for a pretty long time now! It is most of what I have done for the last almost 25 years. There were a bunch of pictures I didn't post. Here are two outtakes to intersperse with updates and other stuff I did this week.
Mariah and Mac are currently in Utah. Or Idaho. Actually I think Mac is fishing in Idaho with his dad and brother and Mariah is hanging with the girl Kellers in Utah. When she isn't away for the weekend, she is back to nannying Willa and Hazel and spending too much time making bracelets for Stacey.
Eliza sent me 3D ultrasound pictures of her already 7 pound baby!!! I probably shouldn't post them here, but seeing the sweet face and adorable already chubby cheeks were one of the highlights of my week. She is so, so so cute! We can't wait to meet her. Especially Eliza, who is sighing more than usual now, and feeling validated that they told her she is having a big baby.
Wyatt went to Savers and got some T-shirts to tie-dye. Griff and Eve joined him. He has been looking awesome. As Alan and I considered his look yesterday, we realized he was wearing a tie-dye shirt, a mullet, skinny sweats (think pegged) and brand new white tennis shoes. Alan said, "He looks like me in high school!" We also sent out Wyatt's grad announcements this week. Willa helped design, print and stamp them. He has 3 more AP tests to take and has to be a lot more willing to have photos taken before I post on social media about this life milestone.
And Eve. What can I say about our hilarious Eve? She never wants to do work. Willa has decided she isn't actually quarantining because she is always checking in with the neighbors (she is pretty good about keeping her distance I think though). One of those check-ins yielded her a peek at a nest of newborn bunnies in Margaret's garden. Eve also disappears and does her own thing a lot. She says really funny things. She is amazingly musical, but wants to do piano on her own terms. If I play something for her once she is pretty good at playing it mostly by ear, so I have to be careful and intentional about teaching her to read music, since I am her piano teacher now. We had to quit virtual lessons for her because she hid from her teacher being able to see her on the screen and cried a lot.
Here is a fun video. It reminds me of a video I have of Eve as a toddler putting her face in the air outflow of the vacuum.






What glorious pictures this week!! Your motherhood pictures were so delightful and the outtake ones are just as much fun. Griffin looks like a big kid now with a front tooth missing and in his Patrick Mahomes jersey! It took my breath away how grown up he is getting - and dictating his own talks and everything.
ReplyDeleteThe video was spectacular in so many ways. I love it that Evie looked like she thought it was a total win to have that thing blowing at her!
Is Savers open in KC? If so, I'm moving! Love the tie dyed shirt!
I didn't get quite a good enough view of Eve's hair in the kitchen. It's probably wonderful. I like knowing that Wyatt is moving forward with all the best things in life, like doing a dad impersonation without knowing it, and taking a pee test and tie dying shirts. He's so cool. Willa looks absolutely lovely. I also like that she's keeping up her skills. The leaf blower photo and video chose Griffin and even just the right way. What a fun life you guys have.
ReplyDeleteSweet Heather,
ReplyDeleteThank you for emailing this. If I could just get Paige & KJ to do it,
I don't have to sign in! Paige and M'li attended our sacrament meeting
a couple of hours ago. Paige is finished with her UNLV class. She's
had her nose to the grindstone until yesterday.
Love from Dad
I love everything you have to show and tell this week. In the email, the videos didn't download, but now that I've checked on the website version, I really really liked the video of you putting the groceries away with Griff and Eve. Wyatt looks great. Griff and Eve look like they're entertaining themselves well. I want to come visit you so bad! What the heck else are you supposed to do to distract yourself when you're almost 38 weeks pregnant.
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss the video and planking picture of Wyatt? Great stuff there!
ReplyDelete